Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC). >

I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC).

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC).

Old 08-09-2007, 06:30 PM

Default RE: I'm going to have a short season gentlemen.

ooooooooochhhhhh!!!!!!

man i feel your pain!!!

but this is how you fill your tag .........

get to know your highway dept.... there will be plenty of bucks tagged !!!

just don't choose the gooey ones!![8D]
Old 08-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I hope your not on my team then!

No serious, your close enough to my honey hole. Tell me what days you want to hunt and I'll put you on a few nice bucks. No climbing needed.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob here's wishing for a quick and full recovery. That really stinks, but at least you'll be back out there.

Take it easy, will keep you posted on all the fun.

Kelly
Old 08-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know they make these things called cruches that allow a guy to only use one leg! And if that doesn't suite your doctor, there's another thingy that you can sometimes get motorized called a wheel chair. Surely you're not going to let a little sore spot on your ankle side line ya that long!

Sorry to here Rob!
Old 08-09-2007, 06:36 PM

Dude that sux. I did that a couple of yrs ago. Your right 3 month rehab, if u do what they tell u 2. don't blow off do that therapy/rehab. They'll probably start that rehab a couple of wks after the surgery. PM if u want. I've got some important info regarding how to walk properly when you start walking w/o crutches etc. They screwed me up during my rehab, by not having a physical therapist, & one came late into the process & caught me dragging my foot instead of flexing @ the ankle properly. Cost me an extra month, & going back 2 square one on rehab.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about your foot Rob .....I think we can get you to a good Faith Healer you'll be back out hunting in a month!

Note to ones self.....hope Rob isn't on my Hunting Team. LOL Just Teasing
Old 08-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you're a quick healer and you'll be able to get out sooner.

Rest up and get better.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck! Hope you heal up quick!!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Yup, don't let the title fool ya, it appears as if I'm only going to have 2 weeks to fill my buck tag with archery equipment. Why you ask? Okay,

On Tuesday I took my delivery of log siding to finish my garage. In the process of them unloading the siding I ran inside to cut them a check for the material. I jogged across my porch and leaped off the end landing on my left foot. All I heard more than felt was a tremendous POP.

Well it hurt but not that damn bad so during work then it started to stiffen up. That night I knew something was wrong. I called in sick Wednesday morning and called my doctor. They told me to come in right away. Not good guys. They sent me for Xrays and then to an orthopedic surgeon. Well he took one look at my leg and said "not good"......I just arrived home from surgery.

I ruptured my achilles tendon on my left leg. I'm currently on the couch with my leg on ice and elevated so it looks like I'll be online quite a bit. Hope you guys don't get sick of me.

Turns out I'll be off work for 3 months and the doctor didn't take it amusing when I said what are the chances of getting me in a treestand by October...not amused at all.

3 months puts me into the second week of Nov. I'm off vacation or was suppose to be off vacation the 2 final weeks of our achery season so I'm betting I'll get at least those 2 weeks in hunting.

2 weeks at a chance of a buck.....what are the odd for and against me tagging? Any takers, bookies...lmao.

Does this mean that next year the opposite side of your rack is gonna look weird??

Seriously, that sucks big time. Don't worry about chasing a deer before you get that thing healed up right.........get out there and enjoy whatever you can this year.

This will probably deepen and strengthen your love of hunting Rob. I know last year when my area got crippled by a storm with lives lost and FEMA trucks roaming the streets I didn't care whether I ever saw my bow again.............but once life settled back down and I did get a chance to go out I took pleasure in EVERY second of it. We often take things for granted and life has a way of re-adjusting our perspective.

Get well first............then go get a buck.

Just let someone else drag it this year
Old 08-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

There is one up side, You won't burn your stands out and may have the best two weeks ever at the end.
Take it easy and heal it good . Good luck.

Quick Reply: I'm going to have a short season gentlemen(now w/ PIC).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.