Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For those that don't think location or numbers matter >

For those that don't think location or numbers matter

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For those that don't think location or numbers matter

Old 08-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For those that don't think location or numbers matter

Hmmm, sorta reminds me of something Mr. Don Higgins wrote in his book about "how much will you sacrifice to be consistent on taking mature bucks?" I know he must have said something about this, it's on the tip of my tongue. Maybe you can remember it and QUOTE it for me atlasman.[:-]

LT
Old 08-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

MH, yeah I know. Most of us probably wish we had that life as well.

It sure as heck beats the poopy daipers from a little one at 4:00 AM. Although there are many more great things about kids that deer hunting will never compare to.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

N23 07' 03"
W82 23' 23"
I think that's in India, Dan. Maybe Cuba.Either way, I've got my bow in the trunk and I'm on my way.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wheatley

It sure as heck beats the poopy daipers from a little one at 4:00 AM. Although there are many more great things about kids that deer hunting will never compare to.
I hear you...i imagine i will have that life one day as well
Old 08-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

If you're lucky. If you're real lucky you'll find a wife like mine that didn't gripe about me planning conception/birth around hunting season, and didn't make a big deal when one of the first things I taught my son to say was "big buck."

OK, back on topic. Where's Atlas?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

He's sittin back grinning like he does when he gets some ruffled feathers.. He'll be on later to quote and pastein order tokeep his legacy of distruction and distraction alive and well.

DOn't worry he'll stop in to throw some gas on the flame.

Just don't ask him about the "doe" he shot that ended up being a buck. Perhaps that was the next monster of NY ??? [:-]
Old 08-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

If you're lucky. If you're real lucky you'll find a wife like mine that didn't gripe about me planning conception/birth around hunting season, and didn't make a big deal when one of the first things I taught my son to say was "big buck."

OK, back on topic. Where's Atlas?
Oh my wife WILL be OK with my hunting addiction, or ill die a single happy man!
Old 08-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

[didn't make a big deal when one of the first things I taught my son to say was "big buck."
I'll bet that came out real nice the first couple of times.[]
Old 08-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Just don't ask him about the "doe" he shot that ended up being a buck. Perhaps that was the next monster of NY ??? [:-]
Nope, because there are no monsters in NY. Once they get bigger then a fork horn they migrate to the midwest where they become dumb and easy to shoot.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:38 PM

That was a rhetorical question.
It was also a poor interpretation of what I said.

A: They are not doing it right

B: The bucks aren't there.
Funny how B always makes A disappear.

LOL, that is funny. I was just trying to illustrate that seasoned hunters that have great land can and do strike out too.
I know...........and I am sure the Drury's are very able hunters. It's just funny to me how some can discount location as the primary factor of success and yet EVERY TV hunter spends the year hopping all over the map to the best areas in the country and not by coincidence have plenty to show for it. I mean, Tiffany Lakoski (with all due respect) is the best example going that you can literally put anyone into grade A territory and they will come out with a bruiser sooner then later.

Now a question for you. Do you think, that by having say 4 5.5 year old bucks on a 600 acre property that they are any dumber than the one 5.5 year old that is running around your woods? If so, why?
All depends on the amount of pressure they have received. Four 5.5 bucks on a quiet farmland that has little to no pressure year after year are no where near the same animal as one that has managed to slip through the cracks of heavy hunting pressure year after year and learned how to survive.

Age alone does not make a buck harder to kill...........without the experience to make them even more leary of danger they are simply older. I have 140-150 class bucks that will stand within 20 yards of me EVERY year in my yard. They have the age but no experience to make them fear humans so they don't. Throw them out in the woods and they are dead meat before 7:30am.

Quick Reply: For those that don't think location or numbers matter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.