Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For those that don't think location or numbers matter >

For those that don't think location or numbers matter

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For those that don't think location or numbers matter

Old 08-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: For those that don't think location or numbers matter

I agree with you to a point.A quailty area with balanced ratio,good age structure and good food sources,and property acess.Sure that greatly increases your odds of having an oppertunity at a good buck.But it is still not a give me.Sure some hunters could do everything wrong and get lucky.But to be consistant you gotta do things right.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:58 AM

I hope Hunsucker takes an IL record on the first day of hunting season.
So do I.............I guess you missed the point of the whole thread.

*Civility goes for you too*
Old 08-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out the edit...and then quote it.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Check out the edit...and then quote it.
And from above the sound of thunder gives way to a chilling rain and all of the forest becomes quite .

The dark side has spoken beware.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

I hope Hunsucker takes an IL record on the first day of hunting season.
If only i lived in IL or had a tag
Old 08-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

So, you think that because there are big bucks on MH's property, and a good number of them, that he'll be able to stoll out into the woods whistling Dixie and pop a 160" class buck in the first hour of opening day?
If I thought that I would have said that.

That was a rhetorical question.

[blockquote]quote:

I have little doubt that MH will get a chance at a nice buck this year, but he has put in countless hours in the off season (obviously) and will log many hours on stand to get that buck.[/blockquote]

What does one have to do with the other?? I know many guys that will do the same and not even see one buck of that caliber.
A: They are not doing it right, or..

B: The bucks aren't there. I'm not arguing that location isn't a factor.

WOW...........he went a WHOLE YEAR without dropping a monster buck with his bow??? I don't know how guys like him find the strength to fight through such adversity. He is truely a warrior.
LOL, that is funny. I was just trying to illustrate that seasoned hunters that have great land can and do strike out too.

So do you honestly believe that the hunters who are crafty and clever enough to accomplish this just happen to live in Iowa, Kansas, Ohio, Illinois, etc????

Really?
Nope, in fact I'm sure that are hunters in those states that are not very good hunters that happen to shoot a good buck every now and then by dumb luck. They don't do it regularly though. As others have said if they are there you definitely have a better chance than if they are not.

Now a question for you. Do you think, that by having say 4 5.5 year old bucks on a 600 acre property that they are any dumber than the one 5.5 year old that is running around your woods? If so, why?
Old 08-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone else have made some good points. No doubt about it Location is key. Still, it doesnt make it easy to harvest mature bucks. I put in TONS of time scouting, planting, hunting, doing everything i can to know as much as i can about these deer. Does it help that there are a large number of mature bucks in the area? Sure.

I am fortunate enough to have land like this that i have been able to manage for the past several years. It just keeps gettin better. Am I lucky? No dobut about it...FORTUNATE actually
Old 08-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

Everyone else have made some good points. No doubt about it Location is key. Still, it doesnt make it easy to harvest mature bucks. I put in TONS of time scouting, planting, hunting, doing everything i can to know as much as i can about these deer. Does it help that there are a large number of mature bucks in the area? Sure.

I am fortunate enough to have land like this that i have been able to manage for the past several years. It just keeps gettin better. Am I lucky? No dobut about it...FORTUNATE actually
Great post Michael.

I think this post was made too personal. Not that my opinion amounts to a hill of rat poo, but there you have it.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

In atlas's defense ( wow ) he made it clear in his first post that he wasnt attacking hunsucker. I dont think that there is any denying that you cant kill what isnt there. A person out west has a much better shot at killing a
p&Y than you do in my woods, they are in my woods, but not alot of them. That being said, like it was mentioned before, just cause a property ( like michael hunsuckers) has a good amount of mature animals, that is by no means a promise that your going to get one.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I respect your opinion! I forgot who said it but it sounds like MH has no life!

It is your own priorities. You always have time for the things you put first!

Quick Reply: For those that don't think location or numbers matter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.