Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent/call combos >

Scent/call combos

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent/call combos

Old 08-08-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Scent/call combos

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on attractants(urine, doe estrus, etc.) and calls. Like using them together. Which scents go with what calls? I got like 3 calls as gifts, and I see so many scents on the store shelves, my head spins.

Also, what do you guys do when you gotta take a leak(piss) out in the middle of the hunt? I never really thought about it till I was out there and went. I don't know ifthe deer might actually smell that and spook them.

Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Spike

Default RE: Scent/call combos

RealDeer! Smells just like a deer but is not a sex scent so you can use it all season. It's a great scent to use when calling. They quit making RealDeer last year which is a complete disaster. So many good products die out and only the stuff made by big manufacturers with lots of advertizing survive. I bought over three hundred bottles of it from the last batch they made, only about half is left. Soon there will be no more.

I have seen lots of deer react to RealDeer and I am convinced they believe they are smelling a deer standing there, not that a deer was there but that it's there right now. You have to use it where it's thick enough that there could be a deer there that they just don't see. If you use it where it's open, they'll smell the scent, look for the other deer, then spook off because they smell one but don't see it.

Have fun!
Old 08-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Spike

Default RE: Scent/call combos

Oh, and deer don't spook from human urine.