Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Snake Bitten???? >

Snake Bitten????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snake Bitten????

Old 08-09-2007, 03:21 PM

Default RE: Snake Bitten????

I'm sure glad I hunt in WI and don't have to worry about them. I've never liked snakes.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

They don't have any snakes in Hawaii, but I'm not to sure about the hunting there.[8D]

They are fanatic about killing and capturing snakes since they could wipe out their birds.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:23 PM

The only good snake is a dead one!
Old 08-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a big moccasin from near our woods last year. Excuse the dirty 22, it isn't mine.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

I never got bitten by a poisonous snake but several times by phytons and boas, which doesn't kill you but they have more than 60 small sharp needle like theeth and the are placed backwards, so you need to push your hand further in and have a screwdriver or a plastic board to prevent the theeth from going in again.
And then you either get sick from the infection or from the antibiotics they pump into you for three weeks.....
I got bitten by poneys, yaks, deer (yes ) austriches, geese, ducks, an owl or two, gecko's, saddle billed storks, ibis, cerval cats, pumas,ocelot and civet, quatisand most of them crapped on me as well, some say I'm lucky, I don't know why.....[:'(]

But I still like animals......

F.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

I was walking outside past the driver's side of the car and saw this going under the passenger side when I got to the back of the car. 15 minutes later and my wife, son and two yapping dogs would have been walking out. We've promptly ordered another set of snake boots.

Bad pic, this is after two hits with birdshot from a 12gauge. It's a Timber or Canebreak Rattlesnake as they're called in South Carolina. Three rattles and a button on this one, it's a baby. My only fear is that momma and daddy are still out there somewhere.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

A guy at our camp dropped a rifle shell out of his stand. When he got down to get it he got
bit by a copperhead on the finger. It was bad. Hospital, black finger, arm and hand so swollen
he couldn't use it. He lost some movement and feeling in that finger.

No, don't wear the boots, too uncomfortable. I'm more scared of ground hornets than snakes.
I hate snake, but have to wear the boots here. Chippawa snake boots a very comfortable, and are also waterproof.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MILLERTIME10

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

I hunt in S.E. Oklahoma and during most hunting season we don't have problems with rattlers since they go under rocks during the cooler season.

However, one our friends who lives near our hunting properties was riding his 4 wheeler (during the summer) and was bitten by a rattler. Long story short, he fell off the 4 wheeler into a ditch and died. Sadly, his body was recovered a month later as where we hunt as well over a million acres of wooded land. Very sad deal, and I felt very sorry for his wife.
Ya, I am also in SE Oklahoma working in the oil field. We have Copperheads and Rattlers show up on location all the time. They are attracted to the vibration of the rig, and the heat in the cool spring and fall months. Here is a picture of a Timber Rattler I found dead on the road 2 months ago, sure wouldn't want to meet up with this guy walking through the woods:

That is a good sized snake!!! I am going to scout that area in 3 weeks and I am a little concerned about those guys. I normally go down in Novemeber and don't think twice about them. Are snake boots really uncomfortable?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Spike

I knew I shouldn't of opened this thread!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was bitten by a copperhead when I was in the fourth grade. That was about 32 years ago an still can recall it like it was yesterday. The snake did not havealot ofvenom in it. My leg swelled up real bad an Icould feel the place where I was bitten for about 10 years.

Quick Reply: Snake Bitten????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.