HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Snake Bitten????
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 07:30 PM
robbcayman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Snake Bitten????

ORIGINAL: MILLERTIME10

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

I hunt in S.E. Oklahoma and during most hunting season we don't have problems with rattlers since they go under rocks during the cooler season.

However, one our friends who lives near our hunting properties was riding his 4 wheeler (during the summer) and was bitten by a rattler. Long story short, he fell off the 4 wheeler into a ditch and died. Sadly, his body was recovered a month later as where we hunt as well over a million acres of wooded land. Very sad deal, and I felt very sorry for his wife.
Ya, I am also in SE Oklahoma working in the oil field. We have Copperheads and Rattlers show up on location all the time. They are attracted to the vibration of the rig, and the heat in the cool spring and fall months. Here is a picture of a Timber Rattler I found dead on the road 2 months ago, sure wouldn't want to meet up with this guy walking through the woods:

That is a good sized snake!!! I am going to scout that area in 3 weeks and I am a little concerned about those guys. I normally go down in Novemeber and don't think twice about them. Are snake boots really uncomfortable?