Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your Plans for Opening Day >

Your Plans for Opening Day

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your Plans for Opening Day

Old 08-07-2007, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Plans for Opening Day

Hope to geta doe ASAP.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

My plans for opening day are depending on the wheather , if it rains I'll be in my Double Bull ground blind.
If it's sunny and warm I'll be in one of two of my stand locations , either way nothing is going to stop me from being in the woods.
My goal is to take a good size mature doe within the first week to get some much needed venison and then concentrate on getting a nice big buck.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I already know where i want to be for a slick head right out of the gate [8D]
As for a buck, mabey, but not 100% commited just yet. Got some more area to hunt this year and im still piecing that one together.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:34 AM

I'm working nights when bow season comes around in VA this Otober. I'm working 12 hour shifts from 7PM - 7AM. So I won't get off until 7AM on opening day. I might go hunt until 11 or so and then go to bed to do it all over again. I just want to be in the woods on opening day....I never miss opening day.

I'm still working on which tree I'll be in that day.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opening day here is in 2 1/2 weeks , set my stand on public land saturday . Illl be huntig on the edge of a swamp next to some dryer beding area , a week after that and Im in Montana hunting elk for a week , this time of year is not too bad .
Old 08-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opening day i will be sitting at work. Our bow season opens on a Monday and I am saving my vacation time for late October early November for the rut. I will be out in one of two stands located on opposite ends of a corn field Sat. morning for sure.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:58 AM

Shoot anything that walks in range. I will be in the stand that has the right wind direction also
Old 08-07-2007, 07:59 AM

I, along with a buddy will sit our private property on the morning of opener and then likely sit a nice spot on public land smack in the middle of crops and two water sources.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm hoping to pull a rabbit out of the hat for an opening day buck, still on his summer feeding pattern.

I've got a little isolated field corner that's adjacent to a heavy bedding area, and I know the deer are using it nightly. I just don't know what and/or how big.

Problem is, it's a one-and-done spot. There's no way to get in there and glass it without clearing the fields when I stand up to leave, so I've left them alone, and will continue to leave them alone until the opener. Sorta like a kid unwrapping a present on Christmas morning - we'll see then what's lurking. When I climb down on the first evening - it's gonna clear the fields, and I'll have deer blowing everywhere. There's only one way in/out, so after Day 1, I'll have to give that place a minimum of a week or two to settle down again.

Last year, I was all over a big buck in the same area (in the pre-rut) beforeI bumped him out. Apparently, I was a little over-aggressive. He's still living, and I think I'll have a legitimate chance if he's settled into a feeding pattern that gets him on his feet before dark.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Go out, kill deer. That's my plan.

With a favorable wind in NJ I have a good stand that should put me in front of some doe in the evening to take care of my earn-a-buck for my zone. The morning I'll be in a hedge row in an observation stand seeing where the deer come through when bedding.

In PA, I have no idea yet.

Quick Reply: Your Plans for Opening Day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.