Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer attractants?? >

Deer attractants??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer attractants??

Old 08-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default Deer attractants??

I was out doing a little bit of scouting, and I saw 2 very nice 8 points, I have seen them before, but they are never close enough to get a real good look at them. I want to put out my camera to get some pics of them to see if they are really as nice as they look to and worth the effort to hunt them when bow season opens. They have been out in the corn and alfalfa fields, and not really patternable at all.
I bought some different attractants to try and get them to my camera, but I was wondering if any of you had used any of them.I was wondering what worked the best, or didn't work.I got a 4 lb block of "Buck Lickers" Sweer Acorn flavored salt block, a bag of "Rack Up", a bag of "Deer Cane", and a jug of apple flavored "Buck Jam". I have tried "Deer Cane" and "Rack up" but didn't have much luck with pics, they tore the areas up after I took my camera out. My plan is to get 2 "mineral licks" started, and put them in places that will make the deer travel past where I plan on trying to hunt, not draw them to me, since it is illegal to bait in Iowa, but I want some pictures. I am going to try and use the fences to my advantage, and set up the camera in the fence, between licks. Has anyone had luck with anything like this? Will the deer go from one to the other? Any suggestions for a better set up?
Old 08-04-2007, 12:55 PM

Default RE: Deer attractants??

ive had alot of luck with the apple buck jam. just pour it on dead stumps and the deer will come. these past 4 weeks my sight has been hit hard.