Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
3.67%
No
88.07%
Sometimes
8.26%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

music on stand

Old 08-05-2007, 08:38 AM

Default RE: music on stand

During bow season heck no. I take very little with me and try to be as silent and still as I can.

Now when I gun hunt out of a blind that is another story. I go out in the morning and stay almost all day. Sometimes I leave to eat lunch. That is not really hunting to me though. I sit 15 feet in the air in an enclosed blind with padded swivel stool, a heater, food and a tiny FM radio with sinnheiser headphones. I like to listen to talk radio sometimes. I also read sometimes.

The deer I hunt in that situation are 70 to 100 yards away and don't have a clue I am there. They are simply walking through an open pasture. I have time to take the headphones off, open the window if I have it closed and pick up my gun.

Those days are gone though. The guy got divorced and dropped his property insurance and doesn't want us hunting there anymore. After we built blinds that cost 300 bucks a peice and erected them in different locations. Because in his words "It will be a good investment because you will be able to hunt out of them for LONG time.". Is two years a long time to you? He said we could come get them if we wanted. I live in a trailer park, what am I going to do with that thing, not to mention I don't own a crane to get it down.

Ok rant over, sorry. Got a bit off track there.

Oh, I'll be 40 in a few weeks and I don't even own an MP3 player. Come to think of it I don't own a protable CD player either. Hell, I don't even have a cell phone[].

Paul
Old 08-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

My buddies always make fun of my hearing, they say I can here a mouse fart a mile away, so to answer the question, no, because I hear everything coming way before I see it.

Shane
Old 08-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

I don't do music but when the doldrums hit and i need to keep from napping i pull out the yahtzee on silent of course. Roll my 3 rolls and scan gives me just enough sanity to sit fromdawn til dusk. Though most of the times its just me and nature
Old 08-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sometimes i do listen to music while on the stand. When its a really slow dow and theres nothing going on, ill pull out my headphones and plu them into my cell phone and listen to tunes on for awhile with my eyes closed, opening thme every once in while to look around. After alittle bit i shut the music off and resume hunting. Youd be surprised what you hear walking around the woods after that.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: shawneeslinger

The best part of hunting, Dare I say even better than the kill, is turning off the noise of my busy life and listing to God's surround sound.
exactly, X(whatever...lol)
Old 08-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

I've been guilty of looking for theRoll Tide games,but usually I stay home so I can catch a beer during it.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: BamaHuntin

I've been guilty of looking for theRoll Tide games,but usually I stay home so I can catch a beer during it.
I take earphones and radio during football season to keep up on the game so I don't have to call my wife every 5 minutes wondering whats going on

GO VOLS
Old 08-05-2007, 06:57 PM

I go out to hunt to enjoy nature. I do love the music I listen to, but I can listen to that everyday. Its not everyday that I get to listen to nature all day long.