Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 One deer states.....2 deer states.....ramblings... >

One deer states.....2 deer states.....ramblings...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

One deer states.....2 deer states.....ramblings...

Old 08-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: One deer states.....2 deer states.....ramblings...

It's easy, Dan.....if I didn't say what you said I did....I didn't mean that.

No misunderstanding.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

Heres how my little mind sees it.

If I have been siting in the woods all day and come home and my wife asks "what did you do today?" I tell her I was hunting.

If I come home with a deer in the back of my truck she would state " oh I see you went hunting."

Either way it is still hunting. I don't see it as playing in the game as much as scoringin the game. I am still playing just not scoring.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

It's easy, Dan.....if I didn't say what you said I did....I didn't mean that.

No misunderstanding.

Jeppy, what I AM trying to figure out is what you are trying to get at with this thread. Maybe I'm a little slow, but I can't figure out how passing up bucks can be compared to Joe Montana sitting on the sidelines.

I gurantee you I get as much, if not more, experience passing up a ton of deer each year as you do shooting them.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Let me get to the gist of my thread......

Hunter "A" hunts for 10 seasons....taking 10 deer.

Hunter "B" hunts for 4 seasons......taking 20 deer.

At the end of Hunter "B"'s 4th season.......who has more "experience"?

For the sake of the discussion....we will assume that both hunters are practicing QDM (although this may not be possible for hunter "A" due to his limited harvest restrictions).....planting food plots....mineral sites....scouting the same amount....practicing the same amount.....etc....doing all the same things.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:24 AM
Dominant Buck

I gurantee you I get as much, if not more, experience passing up a ton of deer each year as you do shooting them.
Quite an assessment.

So you're assuming I don't pass on deer. Bad assumption. I pass on more der than most.....see more deer than most. It's not hard to fathom.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Experience is gained by time spent in the woods. It doesn't need to be deer season to gain experience.The kill has nothing to do with it. If you have deer around you in shooting range but don't shoot that's gaining experience. Probably more because you are just watching the deer and learning there habits.Of course if you need more experience gutting deer you might want to shoot...LOL

Darrall Dougherty
Old 08-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would think the hunter A, with more time has learned more, seen more, more scenerios..etc

That's not to say that hunter B is not a good hunter.

There is no fast-track to expirience.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Dominant Buck

If you have deer around you in shooting range but don't shoot that's gaining experience.
OK....

So in my 4 years......I see/observe/pass on2x...3x.....4x the deer the guy hunting 10 years does.

Does that make a difference.....or is the actual ass in the stand seat seeing nothing count for = "experience?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Also....it stands to reason that if I'm not tagged out.....I'm on stand gaining expeience. If you're tagged out.....you've denied yourself that valuable time on stand.

Just rambling....

Hunter "B" hunts 50 hunts a year for 4 years. Hunter "A" goes out 10x a year for 10 years. Multiply.......
Old 08-02-2007, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

Hunter A jeff. Hunting isn't all about killing.

Getting to the deer is the biggest piece of the puzzle. Even if someone is not killing deer they are still learning from mistakes.

Not everyone starts their first day in the woods with the same amount of experience. For someone thatare new to the sport they will gaina ton because there is so much for them to learn.

Now with that being said, yes the hunterwho shoots more deer will have an opp to learn more about what happens after the shot, such as tracking. But as a whole the more time you can spend in the woods regardless if your killing deer or not is going to benifit a hunter.

Quick Reply: One deer states.....2 deer states.....ramblings...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.