Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bad batch of Gold Tips >

Bad batch of Gold Tips

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad batch of Gold Tips

Old 07-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bad batch of Gold Tips

I purchased some Gold-Tips back when I got my 337 in. The XT Hunters to be exact. I got around to weighing them yesterday and realized that the arrows were WAY out of tolerence, like 9 grain differential. Which to me, that's kinda important. The way I feel about it, you spend money on that you better get what's advertised ya know? Well I contacted Gold-Tip's customer service yesterday and they said if I would pay for shipping, they would send me some new arrows, plus a few extra to cover shipping. I said fair deal. I just thought I would give a thumbs up to Gold-Tip customer service, they deserve it
Old 07-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bad batch of Gold Tips

Hey Matt

Sounds like a good deal to me , how about showin'em on my post "Lets see your arrows " . I'm lookin for cool colour Idea's , as i'm gonna get some arrows made up .

Dave
Old 07-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is way out of spec. Good job by GT though on the customer service. I bet you'll be weighing those new ones as soon as you get them.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did you weight them as bare shaft or made up arrows?

I have spent a lot of time in different shops with my digital scale getting a dozen field tips that weigh 100gr's, I got weight's from 92gr's to 110gr's.

On my target arrows I weight everything shafts, points, fletching,nocks and unibushings.

But give kudo's where it is needed Gold Tip do have an outstanding Customer Service.