Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the best infrared trail cam? >

What's the best infrared trail cam?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the best infrared trail cam?

Old 07-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default What's the best infrared trail cam?

Looking to get one soon, but not sure which to get. I have a couple cuddebacks now and like them a lot. But I also like the idea of the cam taking pics in groups of less than a minute apart like some of the other models offer. However, none of them will give an approximate trigger speed like the cuddebacks will. I've had a slow one(Leaf River) and hated it.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:25 PM

Default RE: What's the best infrared trail cam?

Bushnell and Moultrie both have several infrared models available, extending all the way to a 6.0 MP model.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:26 PM

Check out the Swamp Ghost trail camera.

WWW.SWAMPGHOSTCAMS.COM
Old 07-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

The ne wMoultrie IRs are looking like they may be a strong contender this year. Strong flash, clear pics, color day, B&W night and around $200 to boot (for the 4MP unit). They have a 4MP model & a 6MP model available.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:14 AM

welll I have a leaf river IR and I love it, mine does not seem to be slow, i dont have many pics that are of deers rumps, I think alot of it is camera placement. The only thing that i would like it to be better at is the color in the daytime photos are a little off but as long as i can see the deer and how big it is i dont need anything else. I would recommend it for 300 before the 500 bucks on a cuddeback and then all the mounting hardware. 600.00 just doesnt seem right.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:57 AM

Swamp Ghost is a great cam, the guy builds them using homebrew technology, you will not be disappointed in one of them. I have several that are built basically the same wayand with the same components as his, they work well and I can guarantee you his customer service won't leave you hangin'.

I have also heard the Recon is a good IR cam for the money ($300).

Chasin' Game used to have a good independant survey of the production model game camsout there, I would definitely look at what they have to say before I bought one.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:13 AM

call me cheap but i have two moultrie 2.1 and i wouldnt by nothing else. it takes beautiful pics and i dont think i have missed a deer yet, even though i have my cameras on food plots. and the files are so large i tried to upload them and this website cant handel the size
Old 07-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: grubbs11

call me cheap but i have two moultrie 2.1 and i wouldnt by nothing else. it takes beautiful pics and i dont think i have missed a deer yet, even though i have my cameras on food plots. and the files are so large i tried to upload them and this website cant handel the size
FYW upload your pics to Photobucket.com and then post them in your post.