Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Infrared Cam reccomendations >

Infrared Cam reccomendations

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Infrared Cam reccomendations

Old 11-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Infrared Cam reccomendations

I've been really bitten by the trail cam bug since buying my Leaf River IR cam. Its a decent cam, a little complicated to configure and the detection speed is a tad on the slow side.

My question is, I'm debating on buying a second cam but I definitely want another IR cam. I'm a firm believer that standard flash will tip deer off.

Do any of you have any recomendations? I am willing to build my own if that seems to be the best option.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Infrared Cam reccomendations

I just got a LRIR myself last week. I have a cudde expert and a home brew 35mm which have a almost instant trigger time. The LR is definitly slower around 2sec triggersto be exact. From what I've read on IR cams thats not that bad of a trigger time. Even the new Cudde Noflash is getting alot of reviews with trigger time in the 2 sec range. I am a firm beliver in the flash does not spook deer.Not enough to send them into the next county like some believe.I have 100's of pics with deer, buck and doe, on both my home brew and cudde that stood there and got their pic taken multiple times (some of them 10-15 times a night) I've even set it them up on trails and had the same deer walk bynight afternight and get their pics taken. I got this LR just to see what a IR will do. I'm more interested in the video function and getting it torecord some video at night. I have it set out right now and am seeing what it will do in the pic department. Video next week.

Have you tried the video function on your LR yet? If so how good did it work?