Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you think you're special? >

Do you think you're special?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you think you're special?

Old 07-27-2007, 08:37 AM

Default RE: Do you think you're special?

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Define success.....

No popcorn needed............very simple...........could someone else step into your EXACT situation and have similar success (whatever you do year after year).........or do you believe you are in some way more able to draw success where others would fail if given the same chance.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's no need for false humility here.

You guys are not "average" weekend warrior hunters. Your years of experience and
your dedication automatically set you apart from the average hunter who just wants some
time to get out of the house and hang out with his buddies.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a friend that I have put in my stands for the last 6 years. He has yet to take any buck over a 100 inches. His first three seasons were a bust. He is dedicated but therealways seens tobe something that goes wrong and ruines a potential wall hanger. On days he comes with me I let him pick any stand that is right for the wind that day. 9 times out of ten I think he makes the wrong choice for various reasons. Greg H could come here and get on a big buck. The guy that has never killed a mature buck would probably never even see one.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think I have anything really special about me and hunting. There are few people that thinking about it more than I do and plan more about upcoming hunts, but as far as in the field, I think I am on par with most dedicated hunters. My brother and I have hunted together since I can rememebr being able to hunt, and between he and I, 99 times out of 100, I am the one who gets a deer first. We have hunted the same areas our whole life (until now, that I am in IL) but I just seem to be "better" at it than he is. I definitely read more than he does, so I think I just may know more about sign and things than him, but I think I am just lucky sometimes too.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I may have road the short bus, but I don't think I'm special. I'm not really know how to define an average bowhunter. I work hard to afford what I love to do and have been very lucky, so if someone else had the same opportunity to hunt the same places I do then most would be as successful although I do feel I've made the most of those situations. Most of us on this site work hard on the sport.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Define success.....

No popcorn needed............very simple...........could someone else step into your EXACT situation and have similar success (whatever you do year after year).........or do you believe you are in some way more able to draw success where others would fail if given the same chance.
That's a pretty straightforward definition......For some reason, I expected something a little more.....complicated...[8D]

Given that, no I don't think I have anything special. The one thing I have that most of the guys I know don't have is patience. The farm I hunt the majority of the time requires time, and to just sit there, most of the day if need be. And to be still on stand, and quiet. If the average person can do those things yes, they could whack does as well. Most of my buddies around here though just don't have the patience for it. I just don't have many deer around, yet I see them fairly consistently.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

My response, Yes somebody with more experience could easily step into my spot and probably do it better right now. I have only been archery hunting for a little over 2 years. I am still learning the ins and outs.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think someone stepping on ground for the first time has a better chance(they seem to hunt every square inch)than i do after all these years hunting the same property i've gotten used to the spots where i've seen deer more and kind of just try to get to the "honey hole" instead of being on full alert everywhere i go.Have you ever noticed how many big bucks are taken by people who don't know where the good spots are at?Beginners luck?my .02
Old 07-27-2007, 10:55 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

An experienced hunter, yes I think they could. I don't believe I'm anything special but some of my spots are. I think an experienced guy could likely come in and do better than I do. A guy like Myles Keller, Chuck Adams, etc would take deer out of my spots that I would bet you didn't exist prior to them finding and killing them.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep!!!!!! I dont think for a minute that I couldn't do the same thing that any of these so called trophy hunters do...

Unless your killing those big P/Y bucks in some kind of big woods emviroment... I'm not impressed

Anybody can kill a decent buck on a farm period!!!!

I hunt 99.9% HEAVILY HUNTED PUBLIC LAND and I kill plenty of deer... Not quality deer... But never the less I like hunting big woods whitetails. To me that is real deer hunting!!!!

I did have the chance to get on this small farm and hunt 2 years before it was leased out from under me... But in that 3 year period the hunting was a joke... It was literally like taking candy from a baby!!! I didn't really even worrie about my sent that much... In 3 years I killed like 10 bucks off this farm... 3 were decent 8points... I didn't even mount these deer just for the fact that they were NO CHALLENGE!!!! I had does see me in my stand and just pay me no mind... I had to laugh a few times with how bumb these deer were... I've had fawns with spots bust me in my stand on my public land and blow and run off... I've said it once and I'll say it a 1000 times...I hunt 18 month old does that are more weiry than a 5 year old buck on PRIME private property.... Notice the word PRIME... You guys know who youare... If you take a video camera in the woods with you. You might be a PRIME private propert hunter... If you thought about getting on the dream seasonteam you might be a PRIME private property hunter

Quick Reply: Do you think you're special?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.