Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 When vacations strike back. . . >

When vacations strike back. . .

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When vacations strike back. . .

Old 07-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: When vacations strike back. . .

I don't know how you got poison ivy. I had shorts and sandels on and didn't catch any!

Justin- Since Bols is out let's get together for some 3D soon! Just let me know when. I am heading back to Richmond to shoot that course again this weekend with my daughter but you are more then welcome to join us. May end up going both Saturday and Sunday.

And I am definetly up for hunting Bols land with ya!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Time to buy a cross bow
Old 07-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bols my buddy[8D], Hate hearing of your bad luck. The guys are right , your young, you will heal fast letting it rest. I had a nasty rotator cuff tear back in 2005 and thought i would never shoot my bow again after having surgery on it. Its better that ever, like nothing ever happened. Find out whats wrong, fix it, and let it heal and you will be shooting in no time. How did you and Jfergus shoot?? Did he corrupt you in any way??funnin with ya Ferg.You did not blow up anything did you ??
Old 07-24-2007, 10:49 PM

Dan,

Thanks for the kind words. . .I am already feeling better, but I know with tendons, strains, tears, etc, you might feel better but it doesn't mean the problem is completely fixed. I am going to take it easy for a few weeks then see where I am at sometime in late August. Should still give me plenty of time to get the broadheads dialed in (I had already started before this little incident)and everything set-up for hunting.

As far as the 3-D shooting went, it was a blast, but nothing exploded!! Sorry for the lame pun. Lets just say, everything I shot would have been dead, but I wasn't slamming the money ring (10ring)everytime. It was my first time on a 3-D course, no excuses, but it sure got me hooked on 3-D shooting.

Fergus was great to hang out with again. I think we will probably hit up a few more shoots before season hits. Then we will most definitely try to hook up for a public land hunt. . .