Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 When vacations strike back. . . >

When vacations strike back. . .

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When vacations strike back. . .

Old 07-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: When vacations strike back. . .

Ouch that sucks
Old 07-23-2007, 09:19 PM

If I had a spare crossbow laying around, I wouldn't hesistate trying to get a disabled hunter crossbow permit. We definitely have those here in IL. But since I don't, I really hope this arm will heal sooner than later.

If it comes down to it. . .I may just switch sides like mobo suggested. . .anyone got a lefty bow I can borrow? *cough*Germ*cough*

Other than the fact that I did actually shootthree shotsin my basement before I left for the doctor, I don't think I am going to mess around anymore. I will just let time do its' work. Though I am prone to push the limits likeMauser, I don't want to miss the entire season because of stupidity.

Keep me honest guys. . .don't let me pull my bow back before I am healed up completely this time.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn it boy... that's rough. Well do what you need to get it better, in the event that we're selected as teammates... I don't wanna gimp . Seriously though buddy, get 'er fixed up.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:48 PM

Sorry to hear the news Dave. Like everyone else has said; listen to the Doctor!!! Give it a good month or so and see what happens. You need to be in tip-top shape when little Bols #2 comes along. From what I hear you won't be using that bow this fall anyway.

Take care
Old 07-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds fishy to me!

First I beat him at the 3D shoot on Saturday. Then I get a phone call 20 minutes later telling me he didn't add up his score correctly and he actually beat me! Now he has set himself up for 6 weeks of practice and I have to wait for my rematch!

Now I not only want to see that score card but your doctors note!!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:32 AM

Fergus. . .I wish I was lying man. . .well, not about beating you, because well, I did. I'll fax that scorecard to ya. . .what is your fax #. [8D] But the arm thing really sucks. . .I don't think I will be picking up a bow for a while.

I came down with some poison ivy as well. How about you? You were crawling through that stuff with shorts on. . .I got a little on my arms.

Yeah, I really don't want to be a gimp on anyone's team. . .I guess I better start figuring out the tuning end of things while I am disabled so I can hit the ground running when this thing heals back up.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

First off, when you have your rematch I want my invite! Where did you guys go, Bigfoot? I love that course.

Secondly, if Balls needs some help hunting his properties this fall I'm sure JFerg and myself would be willing to volunteer. You don't need a good arm to run the video camera for me.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

First off, when you have your rematch I want my invite! Where did you guys go, Bigfoot? I love that course.

Secondly, if Balls needs some help hunting his properties this fall I'm sure JFerg and myself would be willing to volunteer. You don't need a good arm to run the video camera for me.
Justin, actually we went to Midwest Cimmarronin Richmond, IL. It was a pretty cool course. . .my first experience on a 3-D course. It was a blast and I was planning on shooting 3-D a few more times before hunting season, doesn't look like that will be happening.

And if it comes down to not being in the woods or running the camera, well, I guess I will sacrifice and climb in stand and run the camera for you. You won't want to hunt down here though. . .not many deer running around in Grundy county. I promise. [8D]
Old 07-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Bols

If I had a spare crossbow laying around, I wouldn't hesistate trying to get a disabled hunter crossbow permit. We definitely have those here in IL. But since I don't, I really hope this arm will heal sooner than later.

If it comes down to it. . .I may just switch sides like mobo suggested. . .anyone got a lefty bow I can borrow? *cough*Germ*cough*

Other than the fact that I did actually shootthree shotsin my basement before I left for the doctor, I don't think I am going to mess around anymore. I will just let time do its' work. Though I am prone to push the limits likeMauser, I don't want to miss the entire season because of stupidity.

Keep me honest guys. . .don't let me pull my bow back before I am healed up completely this time.
Say the word brother and I will have a Hoyt on the way!!!

Old 07-24-2007, 11:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

Say the word brother and I will have a Hoyt on the way!!!
A Hoyt. . .boy, first class treatment eh?

Quick Reply: When vacations strike back. . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.