Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do I really need a double bull? >

Do I really need a double bull?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do I really need a double bull?

Old 07-23-2007, 11:53 AM

Default RE: Do I really need a double bull?

The only two blinds I have seen that I would buy are the Double Bull and the ASAT. The latter is only $249 - I would choose it over a $100 Ameristep and try to save money somewhere else.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:56 AM

How tall are you? I can take a standing shot in my GroundMax and I'm 6 foot. Not necessarily considered real tall I know but it's one of the taller blinds out there. Should give you plenty of space when hunting.

Double Bull makes a great blind no doubt. And they truly are the only one to give you 360 of shooting. But I can get about 300 plus I't bet in my GroundMax by opening and closing the silent windows from the inside as needed and that's good enough for me.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

NO ASAT is great for the Price. Contact Buckeyehntr(Scott) he can hook you up.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:58 AM

BTW, each blind has its useful situations. A killed a nice doe two years ago out of my DogHouse by sinking that little tent into a thicket. I really had no option but shooting in one direction in my set up because of the cover but that's why I chose it. I watched a lot of deer walk by never knowing I was 15 yards away.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've tried a lot of the ground blinds on the market and I always come back to the DB. I've tried to make myself like the other ones but there's always something that I don't like on them and it's usually related to the window system. I have not forund a window system on any other blind that works as well as the DB, whether it be the Matrix (favorite) T5 or T2. I spent about 2 hours at Cabelas looking at all of the various ground blinds yesterday and the DB always came out on top.

Will the cheaper blinds work? Sure they will and if that's all you can afford right now, then look at the Ameristep Brickhouse TSC for a down and dirty get it done type of blind. They can be had for a little over $100 and you will be able to kill animals from them. But once you ever spend any time in DB there's no going back.

While we are talking about the ASAT blind, how does the window system work? Velco, zippers, magnets, etc.... Since it's made by Eastman I have my guesses but I'd like to hear from someone who actually has one.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you really need a Ferrari or will a BMW suit you fine? Of course you do not need the DB and of course the other blinds will work. I have used a DB and I have also just bought a new blind that wasn't a DB and it works just as well.

If I only made $35 a week I sure as heck would not be buying a DB blind.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Probably not. .... and anyway, you should always spend within your means or budget grasshopper. Do do otherwise only leads to trouble.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:35 PM

why not make natural blinds? so you can save you money
ORIGINAL: diehardhunter

I guess im gonna have to start saving up for a DB. I am going to try to find a used one. Cause I really cant affford it. I only make $35 a week.

Die Hard
Old 07-23-2007, 06:50 PM

I would highly suggest the ASAT Eastman Quickie blind! It is awesome.

You can get them at www.sportssalesoutdoor.com
Old 07-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gplant

I wish one of the blind makers would make one for a tall person
I'm 6'4 or 5"and I can stand in my blind (BigGame Escape Deluxe) with the top of my head just brushing the top (in the middle).

Quick Reply: Do I really need a double bull?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.