Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 problems with bow >

problems with bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

problems with bow

Old 07-20-2007, 08:06 PM

Default problems with bow

This summer i went out and shot my bow and for the first 10 shots it was hitting bullzey everytime. Now when i shoot it hits in a diffrent spot everytime its not me because i know im pulling the release at the same spot. Any advice what could be wrong with my Bow.By the way i have a buckmaster compound bow pulling 63 pounds thx
Old 07-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: problems with bow

You've got to start all over from scratch. Give the bow a total inspection and retune it. Either something has moved on you or something is about to break. That's about as close as I can get to giving you a diagnosis.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:17 PM

ok well thx for the advice and i hope it dont break just bought it but if anyone else has advice please reply thanks
Old 07-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Okay, the story has progressed a little further. New bow that starts out shooting good and then goes bad is almost always caused by string creep. It means the string and cables have settled in to their final service lengths. Nothing to worry about because it's perfectly normal with most factory strings and cables. But it does need to be adjusted before it'll shoot right again.

So, take the bow to the shop and have them twist the string and cables to get them back to their original length. Then you will have to retune it. Afterwards it'll shoot fine for quite a long time before you have to mess with it again.