Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

problems with dog

Old 05-25-2006, 11:12 AM

Default problems with dog

I need help with my soon to be 6 month old lab she has gone the other way on me and i need to get the situation fixed, she wont hardly listen to squat these days, take her out to run the fields and shes gone wont come wont even lift her head when ya call her name whistle nothing nadda its starting to really drive me nuts, also in the house she has started jumpin on guestsdo i need to start over with her or what?? I was thinkin about getting atraining collar for her but i've never used one before and dont wanna messher up even more

thanks for your help

Old 05-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: problems with dog

What training program are you following?

Old 05-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Typical Buck

6 months I feel is too young for an ecollar. It's a pup and pups can be real stubborn at that age. Ah, the fun times, fun times.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:49 AM
Banned

Get a15-20ft check rope on her...don't let her have a free run..
Old 05-26-2006, 03:50 AM
Banned

Also get her up on a table when you work with her and she will pay attention when off of the ground.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:34 AM

I would start some obedience, have the ecollar around the neck, but do not use, she sounds like she is getting bold enough to start teaching, I did not see where you were from, i am in Berea Ky, you can come out and train for the weekend sometime soon, and I will help ya get started, if you are at all unsure of your self. My email is always open, or phone, pm me and i will be more than happy to set you up with my phone#, time to take her to school, you can do in the house, and yard...10-20 min. is plenty. Thanks Jonesy
Old 05-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doc E

What training program are you following?
I ask - once again - What training program are you following?

Old 05-30-2006, 09:50 AM

havent been able to log on lately sorry for the delay, but thanks for the posts, I've been following game dog as best as i can but i think i may have picked up the wrong program for my dog,really i dont like it at all actually, any other suggestions??

Jonsey, I'm from Ridgway PA thanks for the offer KY is a little bit to far for me to swing right now but i'll defently be shooting you an e-mail, you wouldnt happen to know of any trainers in central PA would you??

Thanks again
Old 05-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: yellowlabpup

havent been able to log on lately sorry for the delay, but thanks for the posts, I've been following game dog as best as i can but i think i may have picked up the wrong program for my dog,really i dont like it at all actually, any other suggestions??
"10 Minute Retriever" (by John and Amy Dahl).
"Game Dog" was a decent book 30 years ago, but it's waaay out of date when compared to modern training techniques.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:04 PM

Yep that looks like a pretty good road trip for you. Well there are several options that you have, you can read a book and try to figure it out, between Doc and wayne and myself, we can or will work you through most of the problems that you are having with your dog. Or we can try and talk on the phone, and figure stuff out, I don't know why dont you try and give me a call, and lets see where we can go from there, allright?? Let me know, see ya Jonesy

Quick Reply: problems with dog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.