HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent
Old 07-19-2007, 07:25 AM
springcaller

Default RE: Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

So now its come to comparing Ted to Fred, what a sad day this is.
First off Ted has managed to Siphon a bowhunting career off of the late Fred Bears name, that should tell you something in itself.
Ted shoots Fenced animals with a bow, Fred was a bowhunter, BIG DIFERENCE!
The days Ted has spent at a Campfire without being able to see his house or the main camp quarters, you could count on your fingers and toes.
Were Fred spent years in the bushHunting WILD GAME!
I'm not even going to go over all this Ted CRAP again, and will end by saying this,The 2 season hunter tags, Our generous Bow seasons, and the very Base to fight Anti-hunters are directly connected to Fred Bear, and its not in his book!
Ted has had and still hasgreat opportunitys to get our point out to anti-hunters and non-hunter alike, yet chooses towaste them by beating chickens heads on stumps, and blowing away caged lambs and other such Ignorant Barberic crap it gives us a black eye.
I think we can agree that "to each is own". I'm just saying that we need to stop bad mouthing the man and let it be. He is doing something positive for the sport. Fred Bear was held in high reguards because people stood behind him, I'm not saying thes two are exactly alike, I'm saying that Fred done things that I didn't agree with (doesn't make him less of a hunter).

1. Fred used guids to find the wildlife, then he went and shot it. ( Is there really that much difference in these two? I know there is but if someone else were finding deer for me to shoot, am I still a hunter?
2. Fred shot a tiger at 100 yards, of course he killed it but he didn't know that when he released the arrow,was it ethical of him to take the shot?
3. There was a part in his book were they cut the head and cape off of a goat and left the meat behind. (only found this one time in the book and Fred didn't do it, but he was there.)
4. When they hunted bear I think they always left the meat behind.

This is just a few points, of course this was years ago, a different time. But I think we need to make this comparision, of cource Ted is over the top, Fred wasn't. Ted hunts high fence, Fred got people to find his game. Ted eats his kills, Fred left some of his. I don't know, maybe I'm way off but we need to support people who have a voice for us and stop all of this crazyness. Both of these guy's have done and are doing things for our sport no matter how much with disagree on some of there ethics. Until someone else comes along that is more well rounded and makes there opinion known as well as Ted I'm staying with Ted. I know ther are other guy's but there not in the public eye as much as Ted. As far as Ted killing a chicken on TV by beating its head on a stump: big deal, his right, his food, he's trying to show people how it's done. I have a stroy (about me)that somewhat relates to this, if your interested in it I'll be glad to share.