Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So, who's getting the fever? >

So, who's getting the fever?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So, who's getting the fever?

Old 07-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: So, who's getting the fever?

The best tip I can give you is to become proficient with your bow before taking it to the woods. Practice on a daily basis if you can. Practice the way you will hunt whether it be from a treestand, groundblind, sitting ,standing, etc. Get to know your equipment so you know how it and you will react in most any given situation. When you do get out there be careful and have fun. Don't take a shot you are not sure of. If in doubt wait it out.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with what others are saying in regaurds to practice. You have to be able to know what the limits are of your bow and being able to hit the mark concistantly. One of the things I had found harder to get used to is judging the distance. As I hunt from the ground and not from a tree stand. If in a tree stand you can mark certain distances but stalking from the ground is a different ball game all together.

For as far as scouting I do most of mine 1 week ahead of deer hunting. The reason is that the deer start moving more up here. The bucks are normally starting the pre rut shortly into the season, as well as the food sources are changing on them. So scouting now wouldn't do me alot of good. Camo is also something that you need to plan on in order to hind yourself as well as scent cover.. Good Luck..
Old 07-09-2007, 06:13 AM

The best advice anyone can give is practice, practice, practice, with that being said don't wear yourself out, I take 1 shot a day every shot is a different distance, different angle, and different body postion, its the first shot that counts, but it has to be well placed!
get to know your equipment, and comfort level for you.

bear season opens here Aug 15 just over a month away

Old 07-09-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

It seems like every year, the fever gets worse!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I havent even picked up my bow yet, but always have the fever......I still have to contact gibblet with my string length........i forgot where I put my bow, heck i forgot what it even looks like.....
Old 07-09-2007, 08:53 AM

Got the fever here to
Old 07-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

It seems like every year, the fever gets worse!!!
LOL

Ya know, it seems like every year, you feel like you've hit the ceiling - like there's no way you could be any more anxious. Then,as soon as the '06 season ends,there you are again, planning next season's hunts - withvisions of whitetails dancing in your head, fingernails chewed into the meat, bow waxed up, hunting videos strewn everywhere, having dreams about rutting bucks, camo patterns and arrow shaft configurations.

It really is a sickness.

I've tried to find other hobbies, but they just don't seem to take.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

im so ready i feel like i could snap at and moment. thank god i have bow fishing to keep me occupied
Old 07-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got 68 days of pain
Old 07-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am pumped. Only we get to start in August 15th for antelope. Then Sept 15th for deer. The bugs eat you alive this early but it is worth it.

Quick Reply: So, who's getting the fever?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.