Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrow Fletching Help >

Arrow Fletching Help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow Fletching Help

Old 07-06-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Arrow Fletching Help

I was wondering how hard is it to fletch your own arrows? Is this something that all archers should be able to do? Orshould I take them to the pro shop and have them do it each time I need them fletched. Let me know if I should be doing them myself or not.[/align]Thanks[/align]
Old 07-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arrow Fletching Help

$70 or so on a Bitzenburger along with some glue, and you'll be ready... plus whatever vanes or feathers you want.

You can go a lot cheaper on a Grayling, or Arizona EZ fletch if you want as well; I think they come in somewhere around $35 or so... Well worth the initial investment if you shoot a lot. I like being able to do as many things as I can in-house; hence my series of instructional threads over the years.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

I have always fletched my own arrows and enjoy it very much. I have an arizona with straight and helical arms.Plus i usually do a better job than the pro shop simply because they are always so busy and I'll take more care in the process which means a cleaner job.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:51 AM

i never used to do it myself because I was always afraid I would goof something up,etc.

A couple years ago I started doing them myself out of convience basically and also because I can make them look however I want and I enjoy it.

I have one of the ezfletches and it is great. Does an arrow in 5 minutes. One thing I did wrong was I got a cheap arrow saw and I wish I had spent a little more and got a good one.

Making your own arrows and easy and fun in my opinion

rick
Old 07-07-2007, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

It is not hard, but attention to detail is important. You don't want to get skin oils on the fletching base or the arrow shaft. I think the instant glue is easier to use. I have a cheap grayling, and it works pretty well. I bought an arizona EZ fletcher to test out. It is great to be able to replace one vane if it get's damaged.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I started fletching my own arrows when I had about 20 withsliced vanes, they just kept accumulating (sp). It's easy to do and fun at the same time. Go with the Bitz, straight clamp with a slight off-set.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:26 AM

I haven't ever bought an arrow that was fletched. io grew up watching my dad fletch his own and so i didn't think about doing it any other way. i have used a few clamps throught the years but i absolutely love my arizona ez fletch. for 40 dollars, it makes fletching you own arrows about as easy as it could get. Don;t waste your money on goat tough glue. Fletch tite works just as well, and at half the cost.