Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

forum canceled

Old 06-28-2007, 10:01 PM

Default forum canceled

forum canceled due to misunderstanding
Old 06-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: deer driving

Old 06-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

wat the hell is deer driving?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Fork Horn

just because you dont like it doesnt mean anything, and its another form of hunting, and hunting is a sport ( an we all agree on that? ) so i consider you wrong, but thats just me, i have been over maybe 5 deer drives, and never killed a deer one a drive..but i still enjoy it and have seen a few deer doing it, if i where you ( i am not you ) i wouldnt just post things negative to stir the pot.. but whatever floats your boat, not a attack on you in anyway, just some thaughts...
Old 06-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: childers

i think its where u get 10 feet in a tree wait for a deer to walk directly under you.. take your underwear off jump strait down on the deer back pull the underwear though his mouth hold on both sides an the deer take you for a drive???????? i think... i could be wrong!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

whered you come up with that?
Old 06-29-2007, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

You crack me up im laughing so hard I almost spit cofee all over my monitor. But on a serious note, deer drives work. In many areas sitting and waiting just dont cut it. Especially when its mild. i.e. Wisconsin 2006 Gun Deer season was so warm the deer just werent moving. We sat every day untill Thanksgiving as we always do. The it was time to get to work and make a few drives to stir the woods up a bit and get the deer on their feet. We never did see any shooter deer. It was the first year in 40 years we have went buckless on the farm during the gun season. Deer drives work and are a great tool when used correctly and done in a safe matter. Its not lazy as some may think. Its really no different than one or two guys walking around the woods looking for deer to shoot. We usually have 4 drivers and 3-4 headers. There is nothing wrong with deer drives just as there is nothing wrong with baiting within legal limits, they are both great management tools.

ORIGINAL: MdDave

ORIGINAL: childers

i think its where u get 10 feet in a tree wait for a deer to walk directly under you.. take your underwear off jump strait down on the deer back pull the underwear though his mouth hold on both sides an the deer take you for a drive???????? i think... i could be wrong!
Old 06-29-2007, 05:46 AM
bigcountry

I am definately not a fan of deer driving. As one member said, its like draining the pond to go fishing. And bad news it usually affects other hunters.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

I'm to lazy to do a drive, thats why we throw a pack of dogs in the woods and let them chase em out....
Old 06-29-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm NOT a fan of forced movement/drives/push whatever else you call it! Thankfully, it's a quickly fading practice in most areas. However, the practice was common in my region for many, many years. It was pretty much the standard to sit the first morning and evening of opening day and then "drive"/"push" the remainder of the season. Nothing like seeing a deer pushed out of the last piece of brush it could hide in and then having 10 guys all empty their guns as the animal tried making a break across a wide open field. Just no sense in it these days.

Quick Reply: forum canceled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.