HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - forum canceled
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 05:32 AM
wis_bow_huntr
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: deer driving

You crack me up im laughing so hard I almost spit cofee all over my monitor. But on a serious note, deer drives work. In many areas sitting and waiting just dont cut it. Especially when its mild. i.e. Wisconsin 2006 Gun Deer season was so warm the deer just werent moving. We sat every day untill Thanksgiving as we always do. The it was time to get to work and make a few drives to stir the woods up a bit and get the deer on their feet. We never did see any shooter deer. It was the first year in 40 years we have went buckless on the farm during the gun season. Deer drives work and are a great tool when used correctly and done in a safe matter. Its not lazy as some may think. Its really no different than one or two guys walking around the woods looking for deer to shoot. We usually have 4 drivers and 3-4 headers. There is nothing wrong with deer drives just as there is nothing wrong with baiting within legal limits, they are both great management tools.

ORIGINAL: MdDave

ORIGINAL: childers

wat the hell is deer driving?
i think its where u get 10 feet in a tree wait for a deer to walk directly under you.. take your underwear off jump strait down on the deer back pull the underwear though his mouth hold on both sides an the deer take you for a drive???????? i think... i could be wrong!