Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good Read

Old 06-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Good Read

Just like we don't want people who know nothing about why we do what we do.....trying to govern our passion.

Try giving the golfers of the world the same respect.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Lotta golfers likely think most die-hard hunters are probably crusty old turds.

It's a viscious dichotomy, really.
conversely, most hunters prolly think that mostgolfers are effeminate, yuppie types ....
Old 06-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Dominant Buck

conversely, most hunters prolly think that most hunters are effeminate, yuppy types ....
I doubt it....but they probably think GOLFERS are a bit on the yuppy side.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

conversely, most hunters prolly think that most hunters are effeminate, yuppy types ....
I doubt it....but they probably think GOLFERS are a bit on the yuppy side.
oops ....typed that wrong

that's what I meant ....
Old 06-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Yeah but I've done both, now, Tony.

Wanna know which one is easiest?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah but I've done both, now, Tony.

Wanna know which one is easiest?
That depends on what result you're looking for ....
Old 06-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Hard to compare, Tony. And shouldn't ever come into play. I was an athlete as a younger man...and things came pretty easy.

I can tell you killing deer ain't rocket science.....and I mean NO disrespect to hunters when I say that.

I just don't see the need to make disparaging remarks about which something I have NO experience with.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Golf is more dangerous...................

VENICE, Florida (AP) -- A man who lost his ball in a golf course pond nearly lost a limb when a nearly 11-foot alligator latched on to his arm and pulled him in the water, authorities said.
Bruce Burger, 50, was trying to retrieve his ball Monday from a pond on the sixth hole at the Lake Venice Golf Club.
The alligator latched on to Burger's right forearm and pulled him in the pond, said Gary Morse, a spokesman for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Burger used his left arm to beat the reptile until it freed him.
"I saw him reach down to get his ball and he yelled" for help, said Janet Pallo, who was playing the fifth hole and ran over to drive the man to the clubhouse.
Burger, from Lenoir City, Tennessee, was taken to a hospital but was not seriously injured, Morse said Tuesday.
It took seven Fish and Wildlife officers an hour to trap the one-eyed alligator, which measured 10 feet, 11 inches, Morse said.
The pond at the sixth hole has a "Beware of Alligator" sign.
"Unfortunately, that's part of Florida," course general manager Rod Parry said. "There's wildlife in these ponds."
Old 06-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Tony:

What I meant was...I know what it takes ot get to a cetain point in golf. It takes a lot of time, practice, dedication and perseverance. I would say the same is true in target archery (which would be a better comparison than "hunting").

You really wanna compare Stan Potts to Tiger Woods?....lol

Old 06-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tony:

What I meant was...I know what it takes ot get to a cetain point in golf. It takes a lot of time, practice, dedication and perseverance. I would say the same is true in target archery (which would be a better comparison than "hunting").

You really wanna compare Stan Potts to Tiger Woods?....lol
definitons are what makes the difference ..... different people have different definitions of what "success" means to them .....whether it'shunting, golf, or whatever ....yaknow what I mean?

Quick Reply: Good Read

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.