Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A good night shootin! >

A good night shootin!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A good night shootin!

Old 06-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A good night shootin!

We'll theres nothing like a beautiful evening, and newly set-up back yard range and a great shootin bow!

Ive been sick for the last few days and was finally feelin good enought to go out and shoot, and im glad I did! 3" groups at 45 yrds was feelin good.

I just moved my range last week or so, and now its in the woods, just need to get a tree stand setup to shoot out of. The new range gives about a 90 degree window of shots, so far I only have 4 targets but plan on adding two more this summer.
It consists of:
large block at 15 yrds
Glen Del buck at 20
Mckenzie bear at 25
Small block at 45

Anyway it was just good to be out shooting in a new environment and shootin good! Anybody do some practicing this weekend in the nice weather??
Old 06-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A good night shootin!

Sounds like you had a good day. I've been busy re-seeding/constantly wateringparts of my huge lawn for the past few weeks, and finally had time today to shoot a little. Shot two ends at 20 yards and could barely hold a 3" group. I guess it's just one of those days, so to avoid more frustration, I put the bow away and grabbed a beer. The day's getting better already.[8D]
Old 06-24-2007, 06:03 PM

I spent the majority of this weekend fletching arrows, drinking beers and playing with my cats. It was a beautiful weekend in Maryland.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

MD,
What a coincidence. Friday evening I refletched six of my arrows, and I was playing with our kittens earlier. (Laser pointers and kittens make for hours of entertainment). Unfortunately, my mother-in-law is still here. She got here mid-May and isn't leaving until 15 July.[:@]Not many really good weekends around here lately. It's a sad state of affairs when I'd rather be mowing the yard than sitting in my own house under the A/C.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:36 PM

2 Months????

Wow, I don't blame you for wanting to be out of the house.

This was my first time fletching arrows. It wasn't as exciting as I thought it was going to be.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, 2 months of practically non stop chatter. I don't mind visits, but I'm not a big conversationalist. I swear, she never stops talking! I'm not kidding!
My wife works four evenings a week, and when she's gone, I'm the only one to talk to. I'll be mowing the lawn, and she will come out on the porch, sit in a chair, and (I swear) talk to me. I'm not making this up! Three different times I was driving the mower by and I saw her lips moving, so I stopped the mower, shut the engine off and she was in mid-sentence! All three times, I politely asked her if she realized that I couldn't hear her when I was mowing. All three times, her response was "Oh! Okay."
I think that on Saturday the 15th of July, after my wife has left to take her to the airport, I'll grab a beer, sit on the front porch and just listen to the quiet with this big grin on my face.[8D]
Old 06-24-2007, 06:56 PM

Hang in there. It will be over before you know it.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Dominant Buck

I'd brew her a nice big cup of Benadryl tea....and have some peace in my home, tonight.

It's cheap....it's effective....and by golly....she deserves it.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff,
Thanks for the laugh. On second thought, that might not be a bad idea. I could just pop one in a glass of wine and take it to her. She's on the porch right now steaming. She and my daughter got into it. I guess she was listening to my daughter talking on the phone and things went downhill fast when she offered her advice on a situation she wasn't supposed to know about. I'm hiding out in the bedroom on the forums.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'd brew her a nice big cup of Benadryl tea....and have some peace in my home, tonight.

It's cheap....it's effective....and by golly....she deserves it.

HAHAHAHA
Thats a good one GMMAT

Quick Reply: A good night shootin!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.