Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would you do? >

What would you do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do?

Old 06-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would you do?

If concelment is the issue why not carry a shotgun? It would be a better choice for the wife if she has to use it. Personally I think the fears are unfounded. If you are worried about backwoods pot plots the best bet is to steer way clear if you see one, they are probably booby-trapped, but not watched 24/7, it would expose the criminals to being caught if they were always at their fields. Other than that I doubt there's any nasty human critters out there. As far as animal critters; your bow should be enough for most situations while hunting, you could leave a shotgun in the camp with the wife in case of some need (rabid fox or coon or whatever). That should cover the bases nice enough.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:59 PM

Default RE: What would you do?

If i know i am going to be in bear country, than i always make sure we have a shotgun with slugs and buckshot staggered in the magazine. That being siad, i have never ran into a bear that i didn't know was there, and i am usually to far from civilization to run into any druggies. Would like to darry a handgun, but the wife has put the nix on that idea. Gets nervous around pistols for some reason. wouldn't have anything to do with the bias in the media towards handgun owners would it?