Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pretty Much Screwed This Season >

Pretty Much Screwed This Season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pretty Much Screwed This Season

Old 06-17-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Pretty Much Screwed This Season

In July I'm moving to Arizona, and won't have residency by hunting season to get cheap tags. I would have to pay almost $400 for an out-of-state license. Since I don't know ANYTHING about how it is out there, I guess I'm just going to get some late hunting in back in Indiana while I'm visiting the famaround Thanksgiving andChristmas.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Spike

Default RE: Pretty Much Screwed This Season

I'd think if you changed your driver's license, no matter how long you've been there, you'd be able to hunt. Don't offer the length of how long you've been there unless they ask. I can't imagine that they'd screen you that well and you're not being dishonest if you're going to reside there.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's probably not like you're missing any hunting in Indy anyway!

All kidding aside, you'll soon forget all about Indy and their poorly managed deer herd! Just think about the awesome hunting ops in AZ for Elk, Muley, Coues, Black Bear, Cougar, Sheep, etc

Best of luck to ya
Old 06-17-2007, 03:24 PM

Swan,
I am definitely going to try that. It's worth a shot, and the hardest part anywayswill be getting used to the heat and terrain. I saw the other day that in Phoenix it will be over 100 every day from now until September. Looks like I'll be ranging it inside this summer for the most part![8D]
Old 06-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

Just think about the awesome hunting ops in AZ for Elk, Muley, Coues, Black Bear, Cougar, Sheep, etc
I agree!
Old 06-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

When do your '07/'08 licenses come out in Indiana? If they don't come out until after you leave keep your license long enough to buy the Indiana in-state license. Then change your license and buy the Arizona in-state.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

You might want to think twice before you go and try to pull a fast one when getting your license. When you apply for your first license in the state they ask for proof of residence and then they ask you how long you have lived in the state. If you get caught providing false information on the license they will suspend you right to purchase a license in AZ and they are a compact state and will provide the information to all the other states (which I believe is well over 30 states) and that will prevent you from hunting as well. Is it truly worth risking you livelihood just to save a few dollars? Take your time to get out and do some scouting and meet some people…it’s not worth the risk! Check out these links as well…

http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/licenses.shtml

http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/documents/Resedency_Fact_Sheet.pdf
Old 06-18-2007, 08:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Steelhead31

In July I'm moving to Arizona, and won't have residency by hunting season to get cheap tags. I would have to pay almost $400 for an out-of-state license. Since I don't know ANYTHING about how it is out there, I guess I'm just going to get some late hunting in back in Indiana while I'm visiting the famaround Thanksgiving andChristmas.
Boy this would really suck. Having access to some of the best trophy elk hunting in the country. And those other animals out there, geesh, who would want to hunt them?

Get ahold of yourself MAN! The glass is half FULL! It is half FULL!

I am willing to visit come September. I will buy the gas out there and back.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:31 PM

Thanks for the info AZBear. I plan on making connections and looking around for awhile before getting a license. I'm in no hurry anyways, and AZ is definitelya placewhere guidance and know howis pretty much a necessity for the first year or so I'm sure.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:25 AM

I bought a over the counter bow tag 2 months after living there, just get a AZ drivers license. they never questioned it and everything worked out fine. Unfortunately now i have to pay out of state because i moved but i still go back to shoot those little whitetail. check out coueswhitetail.com if you want to get some info on places to hunt.