Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A pretty good last day of the season... >

A pretty good last day of the season...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A pretty good last day of the season...

Old 01-01-2004, 07:28 PM

Default A pretty good last day of the season...

Well yesterday was the last day of the season for MN [:'(] and I had two tags to fill...1 either sex and 1 doe. I went out around 1:30. Right around 2:15, I had two fawns come into me(about 50 yards behind me) and feed all around me for 2 1/2 hours. So to say the least, I had something to keep my mind off the dang grey squirrels running up and down my tree sqwuacking(sp?) at me. Right around 4:00, I see two doe hook up with the fawns so I start to think that things are going to start to happen. No dice. They feed away from me probably off to their beds. Right about 4:30, I see two bigger bodied deer walking through the woods. They came right into me at 10 and 15 yards. Both 1 1/2's...one a fork(about 11 inch spread) and the other a six(about a 13 inch spread). Both of the bucks I haven't seen in probably 20 times on stand in that area. Which makes things more promising for next year. Could be a couple of dandys in the next couple of years. Well even though I didn't harvest an animal, it was probably the best ending to a season that I've ever had. Hope everyone has a good off season.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A pretty good last day of the season...

Sounds like a good last day! I hunted the last monday before the end of the Minnesota season and saw 2 but they passed at 65 yards. Its to bad its over........... but it sure was a fun season!!

Good Luck!
Old 01-01-2004, 09:37 PM

up and down my tree sqwuacking(sp?)
we call it "Barking" and it's easy to sprll
Old 01-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

So "barking" is easier to spell than "spell"? Just kidding, couldn't resist. I know it was a typo!

Sounds like a promising start to your '04 campaign, Stump Hunter!
Old 01-02-2004, 08:14 AM

LOL!![][X(]
Old 01-02-2004, 08:24 AM

i had an experience like that last night. i have had a very good deer season this year and have decided to try my luck at harvesting a bow turkey. i am a rookie turkey hunter. but have seen 2 groups of 5 hens working the crp field behind my house all season but have not been fortunate enough to have them walk under my stand while deer hunting.
well lastnight i grabed my blind and headed to the field. just like clock work they came over the hill at 4:30 but turned and headed off before entering the field. so i hit my box call and they answered me. this went on for about 15 min.
i never got a shot or even got them to come back but it was awsome talking to them.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went out for my last time about 2 weeks ago, so I am allready going crazy. I went out to check on my new trail cam yesterday, and there was 10 pictures on it. This is the first roll of film for me, so it was hard for me not to take it in to get developed, but I left it out and I will go get it on saterday. Hopefully I will have some pictures to post.This trail cam thing is allmost as fun as bow hunting!
Old 01-02-2004, 02:42 PM

Cloud 9,

By the looks of your pics this year...I'd say that you've had a GREAT year. Hopefully I can bag a big one like that soon.