Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Germ created a monster, how many of you have the chance to kill a buc in velvet? >

Germ created a monster, how many of you have the chance to kill a buc in velvet?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Germ created a monster, how many of you have the chance to kill a buc in velvet?

Old 06-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Germ created a monster, how many of you have the chance to kill a buc in velvet?

Thats a little late, isn't it? We killed a buck in Nov. in upstate NY that was in velvet, his ball were ripped by a fence or something and never lost his velvet. wierd.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Germ created a monster, how many of you have the chance to kill a buc in velvet?

Last year....season opened on 9/9. Buck was shot VERY early the first morning.

Not too wide....but very tall. I only know of one bigger buck taken in these (immediate) parts.....and that was taken early, too (30 minutes from here).
Old 06-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

lr, what is that in your pic.? LOL
It's a Japanese Ninja Grey Squirrel. Why never seen one before?
Old 06-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Dominant Buck

The reason I said VERY early is.....

The guy had a photo of the buck up in the bow shop I go to (Rob/PA may have seen it when he was here???). Well.....as the story goes....he told the bow shop owner what time he shot the buck. All I know is....it was darker than hell at that time in MY stand, that morning....lol!

Old 06-15-2007, 05:58 PM

I had a opportunity at a medium sized eight pionter last season but did not take it. This year I will hope that medium man is still around becasue I will be back in the same spot for opening day.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Banned

I would love to. No opportunities here. Congrats!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

Well good luck. And no lr I haven't seen 1 yet, LMOA.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

In NJ the season opens in early September, so if you can get your earn a buck doe you might have a shot in the first couple of days. I'd love to get one.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Season opens here in Ky on Sept 1st. Quite a few velvet bucks are taken in the first 2-3 weeks. I'm not a big fan of velvet, but the right buck would definitely not stand a chance on opening morning.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot 2 muley bucks in Colorado the first week of Sept.