Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I've created a monster!   Yes!! >

I've created a monster! Yes!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I've created a monster! Yes!!

Old 11-17-2004, 09:15 AM

Default I've created a monster! Yes!!

I posted at the beginning of the year that my son shot his first deer with a bow. I printed the post for him and he was thrilled that hunters from all over the USA congratulated him.

He is eleven and in his second season. Last year he missed several deer and never did connect with a bow. This year, he is kicking my butt!

Opening day he shot a button buck. Then a week later, he harvested his first buck, a spike. Then, two weeks ago he shot a doe and now, this past Monday, he shot a five pointer.

The little doe

The buck

The boy is out of control. Actually, he has great self control, I am totally blown away by all of this. I love his ethics too. He is starting to talk about only shooting a buck that was bigger than the last one! (actually, in NJ, he is done shooting bucks until January) I told him this year was "wack em and stack em." But next year we don't shoot everything that moves. I'm a meat hunter but we don't eat that much.

Just thought you'd like to hear about the middle of his season. Five shots, four deer and one clean miss. Eleven years old and becoming my hero!

Finally, the best part...only one deer travelled more than fifty yards after the shot!

Greg
Old 11-17-2004, 09:29 AM

Default RE: I've created a monster! Yes!!

wow i dunno bout a monster but ur raisin one heck of a hunter, if he's this good now just imagine the deer he'll be harvesting when he gets older and looks for the big boy. congrats to u and him.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:53 AM

Yes I know that situation you are in, just I was in the exact opposite position as you. Once I understood the main aspects to good hunting I would be getting more then 4 or 5 deer a year and this would make it hard for my dad to hunt also. As I would kill enough for us to eat he wouldnt go as much so I would be careful that your son doesnt push you out of equation. BUt by having him strive to get bigger bucks each year is a good goal, and in order to get big bucks as we all know is to let smaller ones pass. Congrates to you and your son, enjoy the rest of the season.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:55 PM

Like Father,Like Son..you've taught him well.Excellent Looking deer
Old 11-17-2004, 02:46 PM

You have done well raising your son. There is nothing like hunting and all that it has to offer. Good job.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:56 PM

Great job. Im 33 and he has killed more deer with a bow than I have. It is absolutly great to see a young man so eager to go hunting. Keep him focused on the good stuff and he wont get into trouble later in life.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

thrilled that hunters from all over the USA congratulated him
Well let me be the first Canadian to congratulate him,awesome job.Looks like daddy is raising one hell of a hunter
Old 11-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Gryan,
I can just imagine how proud you must feel! I certainly would. In fact, I would probably get Christmas cards made with him and all his deer on them and mail them out to everyone! My 6 year old does a little shooting around the yard with me, but not sure he is all that interested in hunting? I hope that changes....
Old 11-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well since I can't be the first Canadian to congratulate him ,since Extreme1 beat me to it ,let me be the second .He's a heck of a hunter and he's gonna be putting alot of meat in the freezer ,and dad you better move over there's a new weapon in the house .

nubo
Old 11-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to you and your boy both.

Quick Reply: I've created a monster! Yes!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.