Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Second chance!  Unbelievable!  Monster! >

Second chance! Unbelievable! Monster!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Second chance! Unbelievable! Monster!

Old 11-20-2003, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Second chance! Unbelievable! Monster!

Some of you remember may remeber my post a couple weeks ago the first time I used my doe decoy and a monster buck came in for 5 minutes inside of 15 yards AND I COULD' T PULL MY BOW BACK, and it walked away.

8 days later during the Minnesota gun season I hunted that same stand and lightning struck again. I GOT SECOND CHANCE at the 14 point monster I thought I' d never see again. Now with my bow turned down to 57 lbs.(because I hurt my arm/shoulder) and a Thunderhead 100 instead of my usual large mechanical head that buck stood 20 yards broadside!

HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!

For those who missed Clouds original post here it is. Great story and a hugh congratulations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of you may remember my post about 5 weeks ago about not being able to pull my bow back one morning....... and having 5 separate shot opportunities......I blamed it on my new diet.

Well since then I' ve shot a ton at 70 lbs. and last week I dropped it to 67 lbs just for sure. Well tonight " MY WORST NIGHTMARE JUST HAPPENED" !

I decided to hunt a new food plot stand I put up this summer. I got a new doe decoy and had' d had a chance to use it yet. So I set out and was set-up by 2:00. Conditions were cold (about 25degrees and 30 MPH wind...COOOOLD) I didn' t see a thing until 4:30. I saw 3 nice does approching the food plot at about 65 yards. They all stepped in and saw the decoyabout 40 yards from them. They all started to the decoy. The biggest doe stayed back 15 yards from the decoy and about 30 yards from me. Two of the does walked right up to the decoy in my shooting lane. I went to draw my bow..............I COULDN' T PULL THE " DFJKFJD" THING BACK! I tried and tried!!!!! They were there for almost 10 minutes and I couldn' t pull my bow. Two off the deer left and one stayed about 10 yards from the decoy. I just watched and tried to warm my hands. The doe just stared at my decoy. All of a sudden a BURST OF ADRENILINE shot through my body. Something wasn' t right....the doe wasn' t looking at my decoy, it was looking PAST MY DECOY! I slowly turned my head and out of the corner of my eye saw a huge buck comming at 20 yards right towards my tree. I have a photo of a huge (12" tines) 8 point from my deer cam. I figured here he was. No!!!! He was a 14 point with double split brow tines and 22" to 24" spread!!!!!!!!! He stopped and started walking around my tree at 12 to 15 yards broadside looking at my decoy the whole time. I tryed and tryed to pull my bow but I couldn' t. I prayed to GOD! He stopped 6 yards from the decoy in the food plot and about 12 yards from me. He smelled the Tinks #69 I had on the decoy' s tail.....he backed up about 2 yards.......I tried again to pull my bow...no use!! He took two fast steps forward and planted his rack into the side of the decoy sending it flying. He took off about 10 yards turned and looked for 20 seconds....I tried to pull again fand the HUGE BUCK WALKED AWAY!!!!!!

It was the worst day of my life!!!! When I got home I tried to pull my bow and I could!! I had warmed up. That wicked windchill got me! I' ve got to change something!!!

Last year I shot a 12 pointer grossed 154 net 148. This buck was easily going to gross 180 and I let him get away!!! " FROIUJKL"

Old 11-20-2003, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Second chance! Unbelievable! Monster!

I' ll try to get a few more pics in here. You can' t really see it all in this view!
Old 11-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!!!! NICE DEER!!! (I' ll bet you' re glad you turned that bow down!)

Congratulations, very nice deer!
Old 11-20-2003, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow! I remember the post. You weren' t kidding when you said it was huge. congrats.

Man, it sounded like you were about ready to give up bow hunting and now look at you!!!!
Old 11-20-2003, 08:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-20-2003, 08:21 PM

nice buck. i' m glad you got a second chance at him.good job.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 11-20-2003, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Holy Cow!! You sure thats a WhiteTail, and not a moose!
Old 11-20-2003, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck! Congrats.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is another view. The main brow tines are 11 1/2" long and like knives blades, they are actually sharp!

Old 11-20-2003, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I remember the other post and your heart break as well.

Congrats he sure is a monster.

Quick Reply: Second chance! Unbelievable! Monster!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.