Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illnois NR tags

Old 06-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Illnois NR tags

There is a guy on another site saying he missed the boat because he tried getting ahis tag app. in today and they are saying they are all sold out. I thought ILL is a draw if they go past the number of apps. they are aloting for?? Any body else have any problems?? Sure glad I did mine the first day!! Walt
Old 06-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Illnois NR tags

It's always been my understanding that they're a first-come, first-served type thing...

Case in point... I hold in my hands now... dun tah da dunh!!! My 2007 Non-resident Illinois archery tag I just freed from its envelope!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greag so you are saying it came in already?? In 7 days after going on sale?? They used to be first come first serve when we had to call in but when it went to a draw the last couple years they just didn't sell out so everyone got one, But it was my understanding that you had till the end of the month to put in and if they sold more than the alotted # it went to a draw. Boy I hope I get home and mine is there in the mail also!! Walt
Old 06-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anxious to check the mail now myself........[:-]

Maybe tomorrow or Monday if Greg already has his, IL DNR just has to chuck his across the river.

I honestly thought it was a draw too? (The guy answering the phones said it was a draw too and was trying to talk me out of buying my NR license and habitat stamp to go with my Archery application because those 2 things were non-refundable if I wasn't drawn)
Something doesn't sound right but I'm glad I called in the first 10 minutes last Friday!

Maybe it was the $3 donation to IL DNR?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah, I don't buy that draw thing one bit... and, yep Walt... I've got that magical little piece of paper in my possession already.

I told the lady on the phone I was donating too... $439. [8D]I think that was enough of a donation on my part...
Old 06-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I just walked a friend through the process and it worked,When you get to the home page of the ILL DNR Dont go to the NR deer and turkey app section go to the one below it where it says PURCHASE LICENCE and it let's you order it.. Walt
Old 06-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll just wait until around September 28th before I mosey into the local Farm & Fleet and buy my tag.

Now Iowa, that's a whoooole different story. As of this year I have 1 preference point. Another few years before I'll be bringing my bow up a tree there.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

I'm with Justin, Ill wait as long as I can before I spend $26 on archery tags!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I just got my mail and no tag. This is typical IL BS. A few years back they sent me tha application for tags. I sent in my check the next day. Then a couple of days later I hear they are going to over the phone orders only and there is a cap limit on permits. If I didn't have private proprerty with some nice deer on it I would say screw it. But they have me by the short ones along with everyone else. I just wish they would get their story straight. It says in print that they will accept apps. until June 31 and the drawing will be around July 31. Trust noone!!!![:@][:'(][:@][:'(][:@][:'(][:@][:'(][:@][:'(]
Old 06-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was pretty disappointed at the whole operation too, John... The DNR also said you could buy your permit over the internet starting at 8 a.m. last Friday morning... and that wasn't true. Once you hit the button that said "non-resident" a pop-up box immediately appeared that said sales to non-residents weren't allowed yet. So I called for four straight hours and then was on hold for another hour before talking with someone who had no clue what was going on... I feel lucky I even got my tags this year.

Quick Reply: Illnois NR tags

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.