Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are Blazers better? >

Are Blazers better?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are Blazers better?

Old 06-01-2007, 07:31 AM

Default Are Blazers better?

Is there an advantage to using blazer vanes over 4" vanes if your not using a whisker Bisket?
Old 06-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are Blazers better?

Depending on exactly which vanes you WERE using, blazers usually take about 9gr of weight out of the BACK of your arrow, which is a good place to cut weight from. Results will vary but that will net you a few extra fps.

Blazers are also much much stiffer/tougher than traditional duravanes, so they can take pass throughs, dirt/sticks and all that trash a little bit better.

They designed them for fixed blade broadheads, and I will vouch that they do fly very nicely with broadheads.

Only downside is you must be aware that they are taller than standard vanes and you need to be aware of any potential clearance problems.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love the Blazers. It seems like I shoot much tighter groups since switching to them.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:35 AM

The simple answer is blazers are stiffer so they catch more air helping stabilize your arrow better. All the goodness of a vane with the control of a feather fletch, with a shorter length.

The down side is because the material is so stiff they have no forgiveness at all when it comes to contact issues. You best be sure your arrows are coming out of the bow and rest clean. They need to clear your rest, riser, shelf and harness when they leave the bow.

I am currently using them and they work fine, but I will be going to back feathers. If I decided to use vanes again I would go with the blazers without a doubt.

Paul
Old 06-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Blazers have worked very well for me in the past and they are a very, very tough vane.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:27 AM

i did some testing and blazers hold speed better at 30+ yards over 4" vanes
Old 06-01-2007, 05:25 PM

Hey everyone im new to the board and so far i am loving it!!! Now for ur question. I use blazers and love them. Although i was warned about the clearance problems i still did have contact on my first shooting session with them. But i had figured on buying a dropaway rest anyway to improve my shooting so that got rid of the clearance problems. At 20 yards i am breaking nocks regularly. I have to try and not hit my arrows or i will. bottom line i love these vanes!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:11 PM

I just got them myself and can't believe how much better I like them than the 4" vanes. I have them on better arrows as well though so I am sure that has something to do with it!!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

My thoughts exactily. applies to me to.
ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

I love the Blazers. It seems like I shoot much tighter groups since switching to them.