Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Torque Less Grips >

Torque Less Grips

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Torque Less Grips

Old 04-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Torque Less Grips

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

For a real torqueless grip check out www.vanhandle.net

Do you have one of these on your bow?.......or ever shot one?
Bump .... yeah Justin, I am wondering the same thing ...
Old 04-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah if you have a Matthews the first thing I would do would change the grip!! Nice bows but they really need to fix those grips, they should join the crowd and go to just the sideplates. I like those much better but it's just me.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont' have one on my bow, nor have I shot one, but I have held and drawn bows with the grip on them and I have to admit they're pretty nice. The concept is very unique and definitely works. They have laser pointers mounted on the front of the bows that you can point at a wall and when you're at full draw you can torque your wrist all over the place and the laser stays put. My only complaint is that the grip is a little fatter than I normally like.

I could probably get ahold of one and mount it on my bow if everyone wants to know what I think. I'll be your guinea pig, so to speak.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I could probably get ahold of one and mount it on my bow if everyone wants to know what I think. I'll be your guinea pig, so to speak.
Since you're offering ....
Old 04-27-2007, 03:46 PM

im shooting a new drenalin ,and im going to order the torqless grips,the mat grips are nice but i do find my self torqing the bow at times,and they come in a lot of real cool looking woods etc..
Old 04-27-2007, 04:39 PM

I dont' have one on my bow, nor have I shot one, but I have held and drawn bows with the grip on them and I have to admit they're pretty nice. The concept is very unique and definitely works. They have laser pointers mounted on the front of the bows that you can point at a wall and when you're at full draw you can torque your wrist all over the place and the laser stays put. My only complaint is that the grip is a little fatter than I normally like.

Yes, yes, and YES!!! That would be more then cool.........Thanks.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Another yes, do it please.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds cool, Justin... I remember that was one of the BIG advantages of switching to Bowtech after shooting Mathews for six years: Strings and grips. First thing I did was change out the strings and put a Tronjo grip on my Mathews bows...

Speaking from experience -- Tronjo makes absolutely beautiful grips, and he can custom-make it to whatever your preference is: low, high or medium wrist.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:31 PM

I haven't personally even laid my hands on one, however a friend installed one on his 06' Tribute and swears it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The idea of having the square hard lines makes sense if you think about it. If you are applying any torque what so ever you will feel that square edge and make you think twice about what is going on. I'm thinking about one for my 05' allegiance, but I want to try his first.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:02 AM

"[/align][/align][/align]

Torque reducing design promotes tighter arrow grouping."[/align][/align]This is a statement from the TorqueLess grip webpage. When you first look at their information, you think that the grip eliminates torque. It cannot and does not eliminate torque.[/align][/align]What if does is the same thing that is now being done by many bow manufacturers. They are producing more narrow and smallergrips which automatically reduces the ability to 'grip' the bow - ie: reducing the possibility of bow torque.[/align][/align]Now to the Vanhandle grip. This has a muchbetter chance of torque reduction because it has a pivoting capability as I understand it. Again, I doubt very much if the claims for total torque reduction could be accomplished. To do this the pivoting would have to much more extreme than what is shown in the pictures. Torque reduction on this item, possible. Torque elimination for those who really 'grip' a bow, doubtful.[/align]

[/align][/align]IMPO, both of these products will find a better market in bows using the Mathews style grips. Bows using the BowTech style grips would be a much harder sell; however,some may find slight advantages.[/align][/align]With the 'neutral' grip form that I teach to my customers, I personallydon't seemuch of a need for such aftermarket grips. Elimination of lefts and rights is not a big issue here and correcting something that is not reallyan issue is not worth the trouble or money.[/align]
[/align]

Quick Reply: Torque Less Grips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.