HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Torque Less Grips (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/189789-torque-less-grips.html)

atlasman 04-27-2007 09:12 AM

Torque Less Grips

Saw them mentioned in another thread and was wondering if anyone uses them and how well they work.

The website www.torqueless.com doesn't really explain how the grips help reduce torque (unless I missed it).

Anyone?

They are nice diamondwood grips with sweet colors that's for sure.

MichaelHunsucker 04-27-2007 09:14 AM

RE: Torque Less Grips

I havent shot them but they sure do look spiffy! [8D]

GMMAT 04-27-2007 09:21 AM

I put an aftermarket Shrewd on my SB.....and loved the change. It looks similar to the one you posted.....only metal.

Anyone with a SB that is interested in this grip can PM and try it free of charge before purchasing one of their own.

livinfortherut 04-27-2007 09:36 AM

I have one on my drenalin and it is sweet. They reduce the torque on the bow because they are so much narrower than the mathews grips. I have always loved the way the mathews shoots just can't stand there fat grips. Putting a torque less grip on helps dramaticly at least with me because i have small hands. They also have a deeper throat on the grip compared to the nonexistant one on a production mathews grip, this seems to help get a more consistant placement of the hand every time you grab the bow. Finally you can decide what grip you want low, medium or high. If someone can make the images smaller for me I have some pics that compare the two side by side.
Jeff

Justin 04-27-2007 09:43 AM

For a real torqueless grip check out www.vanhandle.net

;)

Trembow 04-27-2007 10:06 AM

Actually I believe the Torqueless grips are "copies" of the shrwed grips... or so I'm told.

I have a HCG (Tronjo) grip on my XT and love it! It's also a low wrist slim palm grip.

Rickmur 04-27-2007 10:33 AM

So Justin, do you have any experience with these?
Sorry I put the wrong one in there but Atlasman got it.

atlasman 04-27-2007 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

;)
Do you have one of these on your bow?.......or ever shot one?

HuntingBry 04-27-2007 12:08 PM

I just ordered the torqueless grip for the Drenalin I am getting. I hate the grips on Mathews bows because I use a low grip and they promote a lot of torque.

I have seen but not tried the vanhandle death grip. Supposedly they are a truly torqueless grip system because they swivel. It's a pretty cool concept, but pricey.

HuntingEd 04-27-2007 12:11 PM

Im looking at getting a vanhandle grip, anyone tried it?