Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why do you use a rangefinder? >

Why do you use a rangefinder?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do you use a rangefinder?

Old 04-19-2007, 12:27 PM

Default RE: Why do you use a rangefinder?

ORIGINAL: gutshot

So Atlas are you saying that "every" shot that you take you have NO doubt exactly where your arrow is going to hit. I have a hard time believing that. JMHO

In his defense, a 2" margin of error is critical on a fawn.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I cannot tolerate a margin of error that high.
Fine, Atlasman....

At 24 yds (which you admitted was on the extreme end)....I would have been 2" higher than this.......

I can tolerate this.......call me what you will.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: _Dan

So Atlas are you saying that "every" shot that you take you have NO doubt exactly where your arrow is going to hit. I have a hard time believing that. JMHO

You just had to say it before you left

Many other factors besides the 2'' low factor. The deer could drop or move causing a 2'' miss to be perfect, or a perfect shot to be bad hit.

Knowing the distance is only half the battle, and why I just wait for them to get inside 20 yds
Old 04-19-2007, 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

You just had to say it before you left

Hey, seven months in Canada is a long time!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:35 PM

Nope.........I'm saying that a 2"+ margin of error is too much for me to feel comfortable with to start.......if the deer moves or you yip the shot a little bit now how much are you gonna miss by?? Nothing is for certain but I wouldn't be comfortable with that much room for error........especially when 20 seconds with my rangefinder totally eliminates it (which is what the thread is about).
Old 04-19-2007, 01:37 PM

No doubt..........I ain't risking any of that butterball meat baby
Old 04-19-2007, 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

At 24 yds (which you admitted was on the extreme end)....I would have been 2" higher than this.
The fact that you made a good shot when you should have hit at least 2" low should be telling you something.

I didn't call you anything........The fact that the shot turned out ok is meaningless to me. There are examples all over this board every year of neck shots, straight up and downs, front on, hard quarter to, and other shots I would not feel comfortable taking........the fact that someone killed a deer doing it doesn't make me feel any different about the situation. I believe you had quite an issue with a guy on the Mathews forum about the femoral artery shot he killed a deer with............I wonder why you didn't feel that a dead deer in THAT case was justification enough for the shot?..........but in your case it is.

I think you're just bored and wanting to start crap to argue about........I find it hard to believe someone who used to play competitive golf cannot appreciate the benefit of knowing EXACT yardages.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I cannot tolerate a margin of error that high.

I don't think anyone is here to call anyone else anything. Atlas said he cannot tolerate, you said you could. Everyone has their own view of what is acceptable and what isn't.

What happened to "There are no wrong answers."
Old 04-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm not tryng to argue with anyone. I said up front there was no wrong answer....and thanked you for your opinion.

There's also QUITE a bit of difference in the shot I took and a guy on the Mathews board that shot a deer in the hip, though. That ATTEMPT at a correlation is absolutely ludicrous on your part.

I hit what I was aiming at. The result (photo) speaks for itself. you're actually trying to compare what I did with this????

You're quite unbelievable, Atlas.....lol.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:56 PM

I'm not tryng to argue with anyone. I said up front there was no wrong answer....
Yet you continually seem to have a problem with only mine..........big surprsie

There's also QUITE a bit of difference in the shot I took and a guy on the Mathews board that shot a deer in the hip, though. That ATTEMPT at a correlation is absolutely ludicrous on your part.
My only correlation was the use of a dead deer to justify the shot.....which you both did......in one instance you opposed it, and in the other you are doing it yourself. Another big surprise.

You're quite unbelievable, Atlas.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Why do you use a rangefinder?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.