HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why do you use a rangefinder?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 01:47 PM
atlasman

Default RE: Why do you use a rangefinder?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

At 24 yds (which you admitted was on the extreme end)....I would have been 2" higher than this.
The fact that you made a good shot when you should have hit at least 2" low should be telling you something.

I can tolerate this.......call me what you will.
I didn't call you anything........The fact that the shot turned out ok is meaningless to me. There are examples all over this board every year of neck shots, straight up and downs, front on, hard quarter to, and other shots I would not feel comfortable taking........the fact that someone killed a deer doing it doesn't make me feel any different about the situation. I believe you had quite an issue with a guy on the Mathews forum about the femoral artery shot he killed a deer with............I wonder why you didn't feel that a dead deer in THAT case was justification enough for the shot?..........but in your case it is.

I think you're just bored and wanting to start crap to argue about........I find it hard to believe someone who used to play competitive golf cannot appreciate the benefit of knowing EXACT yardages.