Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

just wondering

Old 04-16-2007, 01:45 PM

Default just wondering

I feel a little snubbed. Most of the replies I have recieved have been helpful but was hoping for a little more help. I guess I never stopped to think about your side of things and kind of get the feeling I have desecrated sacred ground. I don't mean to step on anyone's toes here, and I am sorry if I have. Even though I don't hunt I do find these things interesting. Feel free to let me know what you think. I am over reacting? If you don't mind another thing I would like to find out about is rain suede! How well does it work? Is it durable? Hard to take care of (CLEAN)? Is it made to add extra warmth and if so does it?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: just wondering

ORIGINAL: mudhead1

Even though I don't hunt I do find these things interesting. Feel free to let me know what you think.
Here's what I think. Someone speaks with forked tongue. You say you don't hunt, yet your "better half" was on here asking ideas on what to buy you for hunting? She even mentioned that you still have a bow from when you were much younger. Wasss up?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:21 PM

Okay I probably confused a lot of people because I am logged in under my husbands name. So here's the deal. I always specify if I am the one on. Not to mention that when I post a message I write with mainly correct punctuation. And I am the one that doesn't hunt my husband however does. When he has a question he just posts it I let people know I am onand that I don't hunt so that you guys don't think that you are talking to someone you're not. Didn't mean to make things so complicated. SORRY But just so you are clear I am the wife of a hunter who is trying to figure out what to buy my husband that will make him go wow. I know it is hard to believe that there are wives out there like that but here I am alive and kicking looking for information that will help me buy my husband a present that he can use and enjoy. I'm okay if you don't believe me. It was just that this sight was a lot more appealing than calling around or driving for that matter to get an opinion of one guy who is biased or writes me off because I am a woman.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Uh-oh. Any chance that this is still mudhead's better half? Sounds like she might be asking advice on a gift idea if that's her. If it's not, then I'm wrong, and it's not the first time nor will it be the last.

Mudhead,
I run into that from time to time. Unfortunately some of the heated debates, when they're running, take the more "experienced" hunters attention and they remain pretty focused on those threads. I've seen your posts, but I can't answer because I just don't know. Most of these folksare happy to share their expertise. Good luck
Old 04-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's what I thought.[:@]
Old 04-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mudhead1

I feel a little snubbed. Most of the replies I have recieved have been helpful but was hoping for a little more help. I guess I never stopped to think about your side of things and kind of get the feeling I have desecrated sacred ground. I don't mean to step on anyone's toes here, and I am sorry if I have. Even though I don't hunt I do find these things interesting. Feel free to let me know what you think. I am over reacting? If you don't mind another thing I would like to find out about is rain suede! How well does it work? Is it durable? Hard to take care of (CLEAN)? Is it made to add extra warmth and if so does it?
I don't see where you let anyone know who you were from this post, however I do understand the situation more clearly now.I gave my idea previously, none the less.