Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tips for Bow hunting Turkeys? >

Tips for Bow hunting Turkeys?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tips for Bow hunting Turkeys?

Old 04-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tips for Bow hunting Turkeys?

I was thinkin i could do the "run & gun" w/ a bow, and carry a piece of burlap or a tree-umbrella for a quick set up blind.

The foreast is for rain so i'll probably end up in the blind
Old 04-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Be VERY patient...
Old 04-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lot's of great tips. GMMAT hit on a very good tip especially when it comes to bowhunting turkeys. You need to be where they want to be. The blinds I hunted in KS where set up in strut zones, the birds were going to be there if we were there or not. The calling simply relaxed them and pulled em in tight, that and Mary Lew, Paradise Adventures mounted hen decoy. You can read more here Sarah: http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=645

You can run and gun(bow) if your quick with the blind setups. Scouting is a prerequisite for knowing where the birds want to be. Locating birds using locator calls like the owl or my preference, the crow is a better idea then turkey calling while moving especially with the needed extra time to set a blind. Calling them could have them moving in quickly which might bust your setup before you ready. It's easy with gun and vest, just sit down.

Other than most of what everyone has said, bow and gun are no different, a turkey is a turkey, seductive calling and the right locations will always produce.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:51 PM

Put the deeks close.....REAL close.....like 10 yards, and using one hen, have her face the blind.