Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Real World" review of Don Higgins Book >

"Real World" review of Don Higgins Book

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Real World" review of Don Higgins Book

Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: "Real World" review of Don Higgins Book

ORIGINAL: Germ

Page 10

What are you talking about???...........I said "don't tout your book as "real world" and then describe scenerios (passing on 13+ shots at P+Y bucks and getting a legit shot at a 150 class buck EVERY year) that are foreign to 99.9% of hunters.
You even use caps. This is what I ask to see in the book. He did not say every year

I suggest you type slower
I'm waiting, own it
Old 04-11-2007, 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

I thought it was TERRIBLE on many levels
This is your "opinion" Atlas. Not the truth is it? Who has the authority to say that is the truth?
I was truthful in my review.

And by the way, the knowledge I gathered from Mr. Higgins book is evidently irrellevant(SP) to you. You knew it all before you read the book.

LT
Like what??...........give me an example.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

No..........I said I didn't like a book
No, you said...

There's those darn cap letters again. Must mean something.

they all take it as a personal attack and try to discredit anyone who doesn't agree with them
Man this rings true.

LT
Old 04-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Page 10

What are you talking about???...........I said "don't tout your book as "real world" and then describe scenerios (passing on 13+ shots at P+Y bucks and getting a legit shot at a 150 class buck EVERY year) that are foreign to 99.9% of hunters.
You even use caps. This is what I ask to see in the book. He did not say every year

I'm waiting, own it
Still waiting
Old 04-11-2007, 09:12 PM

Page 10

I'm waiting, own it
I guess you don't know that the word AND seperates the two
Old 04-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't read the book in question, so I'm not sure how valid my input is, but here is what I gather from reading through this.

First off, there's not a whole lot of gadgets, gimmicks, tips, techniques, or knowledge out there that we all haven't seen or heard in our hunting careers. In fact, we've been overwhelmed with one pro telling us to do one thing with another telling us to do another, and most likely the person or people who introduced us to hunting showing us how to do a third thing.

Along comes abook from a successful hunter detailing some of the tips, techniques, and tricks that he has personally used to shoot a number of mature deer in one of the top trophy producing states in the country. Please note I say "mature" deer - not deer of a specific score. A mature deer in this author's area may score upwards of 150-160 inches, while a mature deer in your area may only score 125 inches. The point here is that a mature deer is a mature deer, and they are unquestionably the most difficult animal to harvest in your particular hunting area.

Most of this material probably isn't groundbreaking, revolutionary, or something we haven't all heard at one time or another. The difference is, this time it's being backed up by real-life success stories on how it worked for this author - time and time again. That is the benefit that I would look to get out of this book. Some of the "Yeah, I've heard of that technique but always wondered exactly how it would work, or what type of experience successful hunters have had with it".

I plan on picking up a copy of Don's book and seeing what it's all about, and I'll be sure to give my final opinion when I'm done with it.

With that said, I'm gonna go start watching a hunting DVD and fall asleep.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

No..........I said I didn't like a book
No, you said...

There's those darn cap letters again. Must mean something.
Yes.........it means I didn't like it and I thought it was TERRIBLE on many levels. I thought that was clear. I even spelled out the many levels in a later post in case you missed it.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Page 10

I'm waiting, own it
I guess you don't know that the word AND seperates the two
That's not what I was talking about

Every year part is out of context. Only been the last 5 years. Keep trying
Old 09-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Spike

I too have a problem with Don taking a plea. He spends a chapter on ethics then gets arrested. Most cases in law end in some form of a plea agreement. If Don had a solid case his attorney would have went to trial and not pleaded out. Sorry Don, your credibility takes a hit on this one.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Top Gun101
I too have a problem with Don taking a plea. He spends a chapter on ethics then gets arrested. Most cases in law end in some form of a plea agreement. If Don had a solid case his attorney would have went to trial and not pleaded out. Sorry Don, your credibility takes a hit on this one.
His credibility maybe, but his ability to kill big mature bucks speaks for it's self!