Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 it's a darn SHAME!!!!!!!!! >

it's a darn SHAME!!!!!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

it's a darn SHAME!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default it's a darn SHAME!!!!!!!!!

Guys i just need to vent a little bit, me and my father just found out today that a piece of property we have leased for the past 6 years has been sold to the park district, so of course no more hunting, the sucky part is that lease was the spot of my first harvest of a buck with my father, not only that in the past 3 years we have spent over 3,000 dollars in food plots, this property has produced at least a dozen 160-170 class bucks to friend and family and our selves over the past 6 years, we have pretty much taken this placed and turned it into a managable deer lease, and over the past 6 years we have seen the population of deer just constantly grow and produce bigger and healthier deer every year, and to just twist the knife a little more my grandfather knows the gamewardens up here pretty well so he contacted one of them today to see if there was anything going on with the property and he said that they had hired a half dozen "sharp shooters" to come in a harvest like 80% of the deer, so much for the past six years, the money but worst off all the memories we had.... thanks guys
Old 03-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: it's a darn SHAME!!!!!!!!!

oh my, that is horrible. I guess that is a big dwonside of putting money into land you dont own. Thats some really bad luck right there. Is there any of the surrounding lands you could lease?
Old 03-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

no the bad thing (but was a good thing when we leased it was) that it is surronded by forrest preserve on 3 sides and on the back side it had a major river running through it, in all it was a total of 387 acres we had.... One more thing, i just found out the total number of deer they took out of there and they shot and killed nearly 200 deer this past week.... and a couple of them were said to be some monsters in their day... just wish i could go shed hunt it atleast.....
Old 03-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

That really sucks, loosing the property and the dough! I hope you guys have a goodalternate game plan for the future.Every year in Colorado, we watch our hunting properties dwindle. They re-zone this, some company buys that, we just keep loosing our property.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bummer,
Is the deer in your avatar the one that you got there?

Sorry to hear about that,
its a shame
Old 03-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

yes the deer ismy buck i harvested 2 years ago,he scored 169 3/4 my personal best.......SO far
Old 03-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

here is just a few of the deer i harvested of this land in the past 6 years

Old 03-25-2007, 09:49 PM

Thats horrible my friend had the same thing happen 2 him some what. His family has been leasing this land forever it pretty much been theres. WEll a couple weeks ago they got a call and said this lady that owned land beside them bought there land from under them. So now my friend is going 2 hunt with me.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats not good. see if you guys can buy the land from them or lease it from them.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:50 AM

That stinks! Maybe there is a silver lining somewhere in this? Any other land nearby available--sounds like good gnetics in the vicinity? I hate it for ya.

Quick Reply: it's a darn SHAME!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.