Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 it's a darn SHAME!!!!!!!!! >

it's a darn SHAME!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

it's a darn SHAME!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 07:19 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

Default RE: it's a darn SHAME!!!!!!!!!

What I don't understand and think is the real shame is why the need for the sharp shooters. If they are going to do something with the land could those animals not have migrated into the surrounding lands/preserves you mentioned? Definately sorry that you got screwed over too but killing those animals for ?? just irritates the crap out of me.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah this sucks, and I know how you feel. What was their reason for purchasing the land, then killing so many deer? What was their point felt it needed to be done? Sounds really weird to me.
I hunted a family farm for yrs, that been in my families history since early 1900's. My grandfathers brother, my uncle owned the property, and we had a great relationship. I'd go over, and help him out, hang out and chat for hrs. I just really enjoyed it there. By far my favorite hunting spot. Well he passed on, and the property was left to his wife's children. My uncle had No children of his own. The kids that took overthe property had NO care in the world what happened to it. My whole family was in a uproar to keep it in our history. They wanted top dollar for it, and never even bothered to approach any of us to purchase it at a reasonable price. Unfortunately it was bought by someone who has $, and I was told I'm no longer allowed accesss to it. Gone forever. I know my uncle would be turning in his grave if knew this is what happened to it. He used to say to me that maybe someday this place will be yours. But I never felt right asking him the personal details of the property. I always thought he'd told me if needed to. Wished I had now.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:58 AM

Sorry to hear that, THAT SUCKS!!! We are all going to wish that things work out for the best!!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

That sux but hey, maybe you'll find a differant lease with bigger bucks on it
Old 03-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's gut wrenching, these are the things I hate to hear about. At least you got some nice deer & memories. Hope something else comes along for you.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

thanks everyone it really does suck...
Old 03-26-2007, 05:17 PM

I feel like kicking someone's a-- every time I read something like this. It's just not right. I can see this coming (not the sharpshooting part) where I live more and more every day. Land purchases are bringing top dollar probably 10 times what they did 5 years ago and the people with lots of money are buying it like crazy. The little man down here is fixing to get the squeeze.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

I am sorry for you bro. Painful. I had a honey hole that got leased out from under me after a lot of hard work. I will be in debt until the day I die paying for my quarter that I bought.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:03 PM

Sorry to hear that brother. that's a shame. Sorry man.