Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BowTech shooters >

BowTech shooters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowTech shooters

Old 03-20-2007, 12:49 PM

Default RE: BowTech shooters

I have a 2000 Black Knight 2 thatwas very hard for me to shoot with the experiance that i had then.My 2006 Allegiance is just as fast as the BK2 and much more pleasurable to shoot and hunt with.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hadn't shot a Bowtech until the 2006 Old Glory, and I bought it and loved it. Last Friday...I shot a Commander and bought it. I think the Commander is definitely my favorite, and the Guardian/Commander just may be the best bow out there right now.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

Thats a tough one, I have loved at the BowTech's that I have owned, my 03 MightyMite was short, compact, light, and blazing fast. It was a pleasure to carry in and out of the woods. My 04 Liberty was one of the smoothest drawing bows that I have owned and to me, it was the bow that catapulted BowTech from being a very good bow company straight to the top. It may not have had the speed that the others did but it was just fun to shoot. My 05 Alley was smooth, fast, and very accurate and compact. My 06 Old Glory that I have right now is my favorite BowTech that I have owned. It is very fast while still being a longer/more stable bow. I am shooting more accurately with this bow than any other bow that I have shot.

With that being said, I have also shot the Ex-VFT, Patriot, Patriot Dually, Black Knight II, Justice, Tribute, Pro 40 wheely, Pro 40 Dually, Independance, Mighty Mite VFT, Miranda (my ex-girlfriends)and the Guardian. I may have shot others but I just don't remember. To me, each bow was a pleasure to shoot for its own reasons. I just enjoy shooting bows, I could shoot a oldBear Whitetail Hunter and find something aboutit that I enjoy. I still want to try out the 07 Commander as it is one of the very few BowTechs that I havn't shot over the years and its going to be my deciding factor as to wether or not I get a new bow this year. As it is, my Old Glory is going to sticking with me for another season, which speaks wonders of this bow as I have bought new bows for the past 7 years straight.[8D]

Goodness Gracious, I believe you take the record for most new bows bought. haha! I don't even know men that have been hunting for 30 years that own that many! But hey, your expertise are appreciated!

Thanks to everyone for the feed-back though, I am plannin on keepin the Equalizer for a while, but I'd like to start a little bow collection!
Old 03-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Only Bowtech I have owned is an '05 Patriot and I see no need to shoot another for awhile. Its smooth, easy to tune, and quick enough for me.

AnnaMarie, you probably have the best Bowtech for your draw length. I have a buddy who shoots the Equalizer, is shooting better and enjoying archery more than ever!
Old 03-20-2007, 04:54 PM

Goodness Gracious, I believe you take the record for most new bows bought. haha! I don't even know men that have been hunting for 30 years that own that many! But hey, your expertise are appreciated!
Yeah, and I have Matt/Pa to thank for that, well, him and Frank (PABowhntr). Matt got me on to BowTechs years ago and just reading Franks new "bow reviews" I could see the enjoyment he got from just messing around with new bows and I figured that I had to get into a piece of that action
Old 03-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Banned

I have a 2006 Bowtech Tribute and it is an amazing bow. I shot it back to back against the Allegience for a half an hour when I bought it and I couldn't tell the difference between the two so I went with their flagship bow. I also think the beyond parallel limb design is cool. If I had to shoot only my Tribute the rest of my lifeI would not shed a tear. I have a MeanV2 CSS in matching camo on order for it and can't wait to put it on it.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

Boy that is a tough one, I have had so many BOWTECH models.....but up to this pint I would have to say the Gaurdian hands down overall.....but I also really enjoy my DIAMOND black ice.....smooth like the gaurdian a little lighter weight but the 70lber I have draws like 60. You will be hard presssed in my opinion to beat the equalizer..it is a sweet bow....like Greg mentioned when we work the BOWETCH booths at shows there are several criteria you need to address in what you want in a bow.....and then you can really narrow it down to a few that fit that particular nedd as to 3D or hunting or Both or super fast is your thing or just quiet and smooth and not speed even though most of the bowtechs are fast in there own regards.....goodluck hope the forum has been helpful.....
Old 03-20-2007, 08:03 PM

In a word--the Tribute is by far the best I have owned in 22 years of bowhunting. Smoother, quieter, very easy to tune, and fast as greased lightning!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with Buck Magnet...I've loved all four I own for different reasons. The tribute is tough to beat for hunting. Short, fast, accurate and smooth. Then I got the guardian, which is cool, fast, accurate but a little more difficult to get use to the draw, but i still love it.

Find the one you love for the purpose you're after. I'll hunt with the guardian this year, but the Tribute would have to the best all around bowtech I've owned. At least until next year.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, and I have Matt/Pa to thank for that, well, him and Frank (PABowhntr). Matt got me on to BowTechs years ago and just reading Franks new "bow reviews" I could see the enjoyment he got from just messing around with new bows and I figured that I had to get into a piece of that action
..your welcome.

Wait till I post my Commander review.

As the others have referenced, it really is an individual issue. Different people look for different characteristics in their bows. I have owned many of the Bowtech and Diamond offerings over the years. From a hunting perspective my favorite "all-around" bow would probably be my Diamond Black Ice. Yes, you may say that it isn't even a Bowtech but it is. In essence it is just a Tribute with a single cam design.

I would probably also throw in the Tribute in terms of overall design but I never owned one so I do not feel I could comment further.

Once I shoot this Commander a bit more I might be more inclined to move it up the list.

Quick Reply: BowTech shooters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.