Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rubber boots and scent dispersal??? >

Rubber boots and scent dispersal???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rubber boots and scent dispersal???

Old 03-21-2007, 05:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Rubber boots and scent dispersal???

I spray EVRYTHING down. It all boils down to whether I trust my pants or my boots to leave LESS scent on the grass/ground/weeds on the way in AND out. I trust my boots to leave LESS.

I'm also MORE worried about the heat that my bodys creating.....and the scent that's exiting out my pants legs. Couple this concern with the one above.....and I'll keep doing it my way.

Do whatever works for you.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys won't believe me, but rubber boots (IMO) are worse than any leather boot you can wear. Don't believe me, smell them. You think they are offensive to you're nose, consider a deer can smell about 10,000 times better than you. Think they can't smell that scent?

Old 03-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started a thread about the "tucked vs. untucked pants in the boots" topic last fall. There was a nearly even split on what bowhunters did. The arguments for and against were also fairly persuasive. I've had good success both ways and see the benefits of both ways. IMO, it's up to the hunter, but if the choice is to leave the pants out, then careful attention must be taken to ensure that the pants leg doesn't contaminate surrounding vegetation en route to the stand.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Alpha Burly's don't smell like anything, and besides it's human odor that freaks the deer out more thanthe smell of rubber. Your sweat,oils and skin particles. These are what you're trying to eliminate.