Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer fighting

Old 03-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default deer fighting

The video of the bucks fighting got me to thinking.[]

Have any of you been fortunate to witness this?

I have been lucky enough,I had 2, 1 1/2 year olds come by my stand 1 afternoon in a small sparring match(looked like twins).The next weekend on the other side of the farm I was sitting in a stand and heard 2 deer fighting and from the sound,I new it was 2 large bucks and they were close but I couldn't see them.This went on for whatI know was 20 minutes and right as it was getting dark,they got close enough to see.The same 2 little bucks came right under my stand and there was defiantely no dominate buck between the 2.They continued on fighting and I could hear them for another 20 minutes as they crossed an open field and entered another set of woods.I sat there in the dark listening to them going at it.I just sit there in amasement and didn't get down partly because I was in awe of the situation and enjoyed it so much but partly was scared to get down in the dark with them worked up liked that.[&:]

I have heard it one other time and they were within 60-70 yards but I like the thick stuff andI never saw what they looked like.[:'(]

Old 03-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: deer fighting

I watched two small bucks stare each other down this year. They were walking sidewaysan everything but never tied up, was wanting to see a little of something, but never did see anything.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Dominant Buck

I've seen it many times. Never huge ones go at it but everything from 8's down to spikes playing. Most of the time it's been great to see just the show of the rack to make the other one back down.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:03 PM

yepper seen 4x4 kill 3x3 got stabbed in vitals and guts sickened by it they make a screeching sound when they get hit whith antler but not whith arrow????