Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Killing"

Old 03-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Killing"

I suppose I have to say that I enjoy the moment, watching that perfectly placed arrow pierce the chest of a non-suspecting animal and seeing it make the death run, is somewhat satifying. I also will almost always look up and thank HIM for giving me that opportunity, and helping me follow through and get a nice clean kill. It's a moment that cannot be replaced by anything else in life. Almost completely adverse, but similar in the feeling to watching a birth. You are experiencing something very special, that you will only do so many times in life.

I will honestly say killingthe matriarch doe of the herd on my in-laws farm was quite satisfying for me, since I'd passed on her the year before, because I was almost about to have an opportunity at one of the biggest bucks in my life, but for some reason she sensed something was all too wrong when she was 5 yds past my stand a mere 25ft from me, as I was drawing on this monster buck, she blew and ended my chances. So when I was offered and opportunity at her again, with 15 other deer within 30yds in any direction, I savored killing her. Vengeful, probably, but she was also one of the smartest deer in the woods, and I outwitted her on that day. But again, I thanked GOD for the opportunity, and for guiding my arrow to it's mark. And I always think to myself, this is a better way to go than being hit by a car, and dragging your broken back-body off into a ditch until you expire hours later from the multiple traumas.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:44 AM

It's not the killing I enjoy, it's the adrenalin rush that comes with it. Whether sticking a deer of gaffing a big fish I always get off on it. Maybe I need help. Nah I'm happy being a bit twisted
Old 03-15-2007, 08:48 AM

I don't need to hunt to survive...but I do need to prove to myself that I am hunter, a provider, that my instincts still run in my soul and that I'm still a predator and the whole act of hunting identify me better with God's natural world and I will know who I am.

Killers, no...predators that can kill if so desired, yes.

Enjoy killing, not...thankful to be able to harvest one of God's creations, yes! It's sadnes I feel, but not remorse...I feel joy of accomplishment but not rejoice on the killing.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

We could go into the woods armed with only a camera and "shoot" as many deer as you wanted . . . but would it be as satisfying?

I, too, feel a sense of sadness when I reach a fallen monarch and know that I ended his life intentionally. However, I feel that it's the possession of the animal that seems to make it more satisfying. When friends ask me how I did, a kill always sounds like a success. However, I cannot stand to watch an animal I shot die slowly. That's happened with a couple shots over the years and it almost made me give up hunting. It's gotta be a high percentage shot today that nearly guarantees a quick, humane death, or I keep the arrow on the string.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like thatpost KP, I remember reading it the first time probably due to the last paragraph in it. I have one hunting buddy that swares it isn't about the kill but pisses and moans and whines when he isn't killing anything.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think I take pleasure in killing animals, but I won't hesitate to do so or feel any remorse when I do, unless I mess up andit doesn't go cleanly. I'll feel a little bad for messing up.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I don't think I take pleasure in killing animals, but I won't hesitate to do so or feel any remorse when I do, unless I mess up andit doesn't go cleanly. I'll feel a little bad for messing up.
Ryan my feelings exactly. I'll add, I always feelthankful to my creator after the kill.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

I personally do not enjoy the killing aspect of hunting but I do understand that it is my primary goal and objective. I enjoy eating deer and enjoy spending the time outdoors experiencing natures television. I just hope that the kill is quick and clean and the experience was exciting and enjoyful.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:54 AM

I enjoy the kill but I feel sadness also on big game animals but for small animals I dont mind

P.S. louddrummer69 your avatar gives people a bad perspective of hunters please change to something more ethical!
Old 03-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love to hunt, therefore, yes I enjoy killing.
You can call it whatever you like, but ultimately, it is killing.

Quick Reply: "Killing"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.