Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anybody ever change the fibers on a Trophy Ridge? >

Anybody ever change the fibers on a Trophy Ridge?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody ever change the fibers on a Trophy Ridge?

Old 12-10-2002, 07:32 AM

Default Anybody ever change the fibers on a Trophy Ridge?

I don't see red very well and my TR Flatliner has red fibers for the 25 and 35 yd pins. I purchased 3' of green fiber(which I see very well) and would like to replace the reds with it(I might change the amber ones to green as well). Is this a difficult process. Is the tubing-like protective stuff removable and could I thread my new fiber through it? How do I go about melting the ends to ball it up without melting something else? Has anybody had any experience with this?

The most important bloodtrail leads right to the foot of the cross
Old 12-10-2002, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anybody ever change the fibers on a Trophy Ridge?

I thought about doing it myself, but it seemed to be an arduous process. Good luck. I know Trophy Ridge will replace them for you for a small fee, but I do not remember how much that was.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I replaced 2 pins in my trophy ridge flatliner. I had 1 pin that wasn't perfectly aligned with the other two, and tried bending it a little, and snap! Silly me. I contacted Trophy Ridge, and ordered 3 new pins. They are not expensive, and come with directions to replace them. Its not that big of deal, least wasn't to me. Simply have to push out one of the pins, unlock, and remove the pin by cutting the fiber where wrapped around the sight housing. I'd go that route. I don't really see how stringing the new fibers in through the plastic housing could be possible. Directions also read once a pin has been removed its no longer any good. Not sure why other then maybe it wouldn't be as tight or something. I simply heated up a knife, and touched it to the end of the fiber once inserted through the housing holes to keep it from pulling through. Contact Trophy Ridge they'll hook you right up, and get them to you fairly fast. Good Luck.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:27 AM

I broke one this Spring while turkey hunting. I called them with the intention ordering a new one and to find out how to replace, but rather than tell me how to do it, they encouraged me to send it directly to them and they would replace free of charge. The turn around was only about 10 days.
I don't know what their charge, if any,is on a color change preference, but might be worth a call. I don't have their telephone number, but you can go to their website and get it there.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:54 PM
pup

what is there web sight.. i am thinking of buying one but i cant see the yellow pins very well.. so i would like to get them changed to green.. over all how do you guys like the sight?

small but deadly
Old 12-18-2002, 05:44 AM

Pup, it's a truly awesome sight, IMHO. Doesn't block your target, allows for easy gapping or setting your pins very close for speed bows. The length of the fibers make it light up like a Christmas tree. No tools to adjust. I just have always had a problem with red. I highly recommend it.

The most important bloodtrail leads right to the foot of the cross
Old 12-18-2002, 06:20 PM

I goofed when I bought my first Flatliner and bought a right hand unit. I took it completely apart in an attempt to swap sides and found that it can't be done due to the locking cam and elevator gears/teeth. The optic part is installed and then melted into a bead so it wont pull out of the housing. I used a nail clipper and neatly clipped the bead off to remove it. Once I found out that I was going to have to return it...I heated my soldering iron and just tapped the tip and formed the same bead. I have always felt this saying was very true...It isn't yours until you have taken it apart and put it back together again.