Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drop away Rests

Old 02-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Drop away Rests

I currently shoot a Trophy Taker, which I love. I have been researching a few of the total containment drop aways, and wanted to get some opinions. What I am looking for is something with total containment that also offers excellent fletching clearance, as I shoot Blazers. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Shane
Old 02-14-2007, 08:51 AM

Default RE: Drop away Rests

take a look at the freefall rest by montana black gold. I have shot one for the last two seasons and love it. Real easy to mount and easy to use. My groups are better than ever, plus broadheads fly just like field tips.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hldeerhunter

plus broadheads fly just like field tips.
That would have little to do with the rest and all to do with the tuning of the bow. When the bow is properly tuned they will fly the same. A good rest can make a bow easier to tune, but it by itself cannot make broadheads fly like field points. Just FYI. It's good that your bow is tuned so well.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you like the TT as i do they are coming out with a new rest that is a drop-away full capture rest. I am not sure but i think it is called the "TT extreme full capture" or something like that. If any body knows for sure verify or correct me.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want total containment, go with the Kaz drop away. Here's a link for you to look at. There is also a video on the link. Check that out. I don't have ther rest personally but some guys swear by theirs.

http://www.vitalbowgear.com/arrow_rests.cfm
Old 02-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: popeandyoungchaser

If you like the TT as i do they are coming out with a new rest that is a drop-away full capture rest. I am not sure but i think it is called the "TT extreme full capture" or something like that. If any body knows for sure verify or correct me.
Here's the new TT that popeandyoungchaser is talking about. Looks to me like there could possibly be some clearance issues with sometype fletching.Nice concept but just not for me.

Old 02-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wait for the new Trophy Taker X-treme FC. IT is defiently one to get if you like trophy taker or if you simply want a full containment drop away. There won't be any fletching contact issues. The rest is as large or larger than the otehr full containment drop aways on the market.... QAD, Rip cord, etc... It is very well thought out.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Bigbulls, when will we be able to get a look at the new Trophy Taker.... any dates???

Thanks..

Troy
Old 02-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

They are going to ship about May 1st.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's my favorite... http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1687790&mpage=1 ... althought it doesn't classify as a TRUE total containment probably (although you can darn near turn the bow upside down before you would lose containment).

For a TRUE total containment, I like the APA Twister Safari a lot.