Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 103yd with Bow & Arrow in the wind?? >

103yd with Bow & Arrow in the wind??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

103yd with Bow & Arrow in the wind??

Old 02-09-2007, 08:58 PM

Default RE: 103yd with Bow & Arrow in the wind??

that arrow doesnt even have a broadhead on it.. lol the whole thing is fake i think
Old 02-10-2007, 12:45 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Buster T

BigJ12 enjoy it while you can

I expect bowhunters to take shots they full well know they can make - THAT is what makes an ethical hunter, isn't it ? If you can make the shot, take it. He did, he made it.

Yes - its qutie simply as easy as that.

If anyone wants to question it ? Hey, he was out there to kill an animal, and he did it. 2 yards, 103 yards, crosswind, no wind .......... he had a fricking compound that could make the shot, he was fully capable of making it and he did it.

Use to, I'd probably have chapped him for it. No longer ........ it was his shot, he took it. Leave it at that. Its not the highest % shot in the world in my book, but he's 1 for 1 to my knowledge,shooting 100% success rate.

Hard to argue that, isn't it ?
Won't here an argue from me. I don't have a problem with the shot (if indeed it was a 103yd shot) if the archer is capable of doing it. For all I know that guy is a very accomplished and accurate archer/hunter at those distances.

What I didn't likewas the overtone of the whole "video" in thatthey would like everyone to believe that if you buy thatBOWyou toocan make thatshot when in reality it's the archer who makes the shot. All you need to do is listen to the last lines when the guy holding the arrow says "The X-force did the job"

It is funny though hearing the archer say"He didn't gofar with that arrow in him.....that's abig broadhead" Yet when he is drawing back the bow for the shot I don't ANY broadhead at all.

Again, it's just a very sad way to try andpublicize a bow.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a Looonnng way, even for a great shot, on a calm day!
Old 02-10-2007, 07:11 AM

looks like a mechanical broadhead to me ... so yeah, it might have been a big cutting diameter.

Old 02-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Site Bouncer

looks like a mechanical broadhead to me ... so yeah, it might have been a big cutting diameter.

Possible.

That was just a side note to what I was saying anyway.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

BigJ12 enjoy it while you can

I expect bowhunters to take shots they full well know they can make - THAT is what makes an ethical hunter, isn't it ? If you can make the shot, take it. He did, he made it.

Yes - its qutie simply as easy as that.

If anyone wants to question it ? Hey, he was out there to kill an animal, and he did it. 2 yards, 103 yards, crosswind, no wind .......... he had a fricking compound that could make the shot, he was fully capable of making it and he did it.

Use to, I'd probably have chapped him for it. No longer ........ it was his shot, he took it. Leave it at that. Its not the highest % shot in the world in my book, but he's 1 for 1 to my knowledge,shooting 100% success rate.

Won't here an argue from me. I don't have a problem with the shot (if indeed it was a 103yd shot) if the archer is capable of doing it. For all I know that guy is a very accomplished and accurate archer/hunter at those distances.

What I didn't likewas the overtone of the whole "video" in thatthey would like everyone to believe that if you buy thatBOWyou toocan make thatshot when in reality it's the archer who makes the shot. All you need to do is listen to the last lines when the guy holding the arrow says "The X-force did the job"

It is funny though hearing the archer say"He didn't gofar with that arrow in him.....that's abig broadhead" Yet when he is drawing back the bow for the shot I don't ANY broadhead at all.

Again, it's just a very sad way to try andpublicize a bow.
John, I agree with you ..... you are too big to not agree with even if I didn't [8D]
Old 02-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

My last point or question really.Am I the only one who thinks he made a bad shot? Usually when a deer kicks up in the back,like this one did,they were gut shot.It might be because it was slightly angled away and he had to shoot back to make it but it sure looked like a gut shot to me.
no way man. You see a deer kick out like that 99% of the time it's lungs.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MC Bowhunter

Doug,
I was over at his house the other day and saw a copy of it. Looks like it might be pretty good. Read the article in the latest Peterson's about his bout with cancer during last deer season. It will open your eyes. For someone who has been able to go on many hunting trips through out every deer season. Then all of a sudden not be able to do what you love to do sucks. It was a hard season for him. I'm not looking forward to getting older!

MC
OFF TOPIC, but....

Darrall,
As a nurse, I see all too much of it. Often times you see things that make you think "Life really isn't fair!!!" I saw the article, a humbling thing, that's for sure. It makes us appreciate everyday we have even more. The book sounds like a must have, I need to see if I can get a copy.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

...2 yards, 103 yards, crosswind, no wind .......... he had a fricking compound that could make the shot, he was fully capable of making it and he did it.

Do you know how many times he got a bad shot at other deer before he got that one good shot? Before you ask, I don't know either. Even if he has practiced at that range, what size pattern would he have had? One the size of a quarter? how about a silver dollar? How about a diinner plate? Maybe one the size of a GMC suburban.

Even my wife realizes that was an extremely low % shot and should never have been taken.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

ORIGINAL: TFOX

My last point or question really.Am I the only one who thinks he made a bad shot? Usually when a deer kicks up in the back,like this one did,they were gut shot.It might be because it was slightly angled away and he had to shoot back to make it but it sure looked like a gut shot to me.

Most all my deer have been double lung and I have NEVER had one kick like this.I also don't recall seeing many on video doing it either tha I knew were double lung.Not saying you are not right,just saying it hasn't been my experience.

no way man. You see a deer kick out like that 99% of the time it's lungs.

Quick Reply: 103yd with Bow & Arrow in the wind??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.